ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could ya

Quote: Originally posted by easylife on 28 September 2004

Get a 172 with all the toys and then get it resprayed in the cup colour (cos it looks sweet)?
yes !
but think of the re sale value ! i reckon most ppl wouldnt touch it.

big red bus

The other day i was sitting in one of my boring lessons...and was thinking of building a 5-door mk2 phase 2 172 with all the toys :D

Another approach would be to get hold of a Cup then add all the toys. Surely nobody would ever commit such an act though ... :cry:

Respray would defo be the cheapest option rather than retrofitting the 172 components to a Cup. However, the retrofitting option wont devalue your car like a respray certainly would as you could argue that the extras are standard options in a way...

I think youve got to ask what youd actually gain by doing so though! Had you owned a cup i could see why youd want some of the 172 bits like ABS as that could improve performance but resraying your 172 isnt doing anything other than putting a big dent in your wallet...

Alright cheers for the advice.

What would be the price difference roughly between a decent 172 cup and a 182 with cup suspension. Are they gonna be much more?

[Edited by easylife on 28 September 2004 at 7:34pm]