ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Counterstrike

Fiesta ST-3
Aplogies if anyone has already done one of these!

Who used to play/does still play?

I played for about 2/3 years and it was awesome! Played 1.6 originally then went onto source. Got some good memories from it!

what about you lot?

Megane 265 Cup
Yeah I played cs for about 7 or 8 years right from the beginning from the beta right up to 1.6 it kept me awake many nights until it got bright lol, awesome game and so addictive. I have recently got into play cs:s now and originally hated it when I was a 1.6 fan boy but I am starting to love source, not sure if that is a good thing though haha.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I played CS.S and got addicted lol.. Tried 1.6 and hated that, so back to CS.S then got onto DoD.S and TF2, etc...

This was before I got my car so had loads of time to kill, now I'm always out or working :/

Megane 265 Cup
I used to surf on 1.6 Damo, was good fun, I am addicted big time to GG maps on CS: S they are amazing.

Played 1.6 for... i'm going to guess it's getting on for 10 years near the end. Krispwee will be along soon <3

10 years and counting for me :)

Only play 3v3 and 4v4 with a couple of friends now. Never really got into CS:S.

Still rolling with a 5 digit SteamID as well! :cool: The good old days are now over and pretty much dead with 1.6, no more Landed or decent leagues in the UK, tried ESL but just don't turn up.

Oh how I dream of the good old days of BWCSL, CSGN, UKT and bds touching me at LAN.

Fiesta ST-3
ahh awesome. 1.6 was epic and i can still see why a lot of people decided against going across to source, but i loved it when i first played it. racked up a good few thousand hours. Would never do it again but i would never change what i did!

Clio 182 Cup FF
loved it for so long, didnt get on with source so much but great being admin of the server.... the power u had!! :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Never really 'got' CounterStrike at all. I really like FPS games, more so when they work as a team-building/team-playing exercise online - where each player has a valuable yet uniquely useful role to the group as a whole.

Although given that when CS was first released, the dynamics of an online FPS were little better than playing Doom with a few mates. In the current climate of 2010 though, CS (in all forms) has aged badly imo. About as lively as watching Model-T Fords race at Imola....

Good for a LAN blast of about 10mins, then it gets very boring, very quickly indeed.

D.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
RESURRECTION....

Yip CS:S - On it again after a LONG lay off - been in Clans ect - bloody good laugh. But I am getting old these days. lol

DCi
I spoke to an old clan mate when i built my pc and said whats the main cod game on pc, are they playing MW2 or blackops - apparently the main clan game is still MW1 lol :D

could never play CS or CSS i never liked not having sights :(

Giulietta 940
Stopped playing CSS when I got banned on a pub server about three months ago. Apparently the admin didn't have a sense of humour :dapprove:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I loved this game and remember hitting the LAB Servers hard as soon as I got in from work till the early hours of the morning... good times but wouldn't have a missus if I hadn't stopped playing at 1.6

Clio Dynamique 1.2
love css played since 1.5 i have a 5 digit if anyone wants it played for some skilled teams in Source been to many I series event i31 32 33 34 and 40! played amongst the skilled euro players tbh :D

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Another revival.
Any CS:GO players?
Old 1.6 and Source player here, sunk thousands of hours into 1.6 in the past, not so much on Source as I hated it.
Recently started playing GO and got a bit hooked, 300+ hours on Steam at the moment!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I played Cs from when it was released at beta stage. Stopped playing after source was released as it just got lost after that.
used to play for a team called cLip. Done a few lan events such as the I series / ig3 4 and 5.
used to play with the 4kings guys quite a lot. Sold my 5 dig account ages ago. Still have 6 dig but don't have a gaming pc anymore :smile:

a few players I remember were:
bobathy, wuabbs, 69, onscreen, robulous, Kyle, neil_m

can remember loads come to think of it. Might sign into thesgl and see who's about still.

Last edited:

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I seem to remember taking my current gf to a lan event too.... I'm surprised she stuck around after hearing me scream down the mic zOMG CLUTCHED IT!!

F82 M4
I played Cs from when it was released at beta stage. Stopped playing after source was released as it just got lost after that.
used to play for a team called cLip. Done a few lan events such as the I series / ig3 4 and 5.
used to play with the 4kings guys quite a lot. Sold my 5 dig account ages ago. Still have 6 dig but don't have a gaming pc anymore :smile:

a few players I remember were:
bobathy, wuabbs, 69, onscreen, robulous, Kyle, neil_m

can remember loads come to think of it. Might sign into thesgl and see who's about still.

Yeah I know all them mate. You remember Aber in cLip? He lives in the same town as me

2014 Focus Titanium
Great thread!

I started CS about two weeks before 1.4 came out, then played hundreds and hundreds of hours of 1.4/5/6 in my late teens. Went to a couple of iSeries (i17 and i19) and hosted loads of my own LANs when my parents went away 3/4 times a year, I had a big bedroom with a s**t load of sockets - think the most i had in there was 10 of us with computers lol!

I then migrated to CS:S which I didn't like at first but eventually got used to. Then in about 09 stopped playing because me and my mates couldn't be arsed with going on IRC to find 5v5s any more, and once you've got into the competitive scene publics are just s**t.

Then in November 2014 we all decided to give CS:GO a try. Oh b****cks. We're all ADDICTED again. It's like going back to being 18 when I was playing 1.6! I've put 200 hours in in two months, and I just can't get enough.

One thing I will say is you never lose your aim, but the game has changed so much and the maps are much more complex now so there's a lot to learn! Getting the hang of it again now though, and the addition of a 144hz monitor has helped massively, you don't realise the disadvantage you were at until you try one.

What are everyone's ranks?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Then in November 2014 we all decided to give CS:GO a try. Oh b****cks. We're all ADDICTED again. It's like going back to being 18 when I was playing 1.6! I've put 200 hours in in two months, and I just can't get enough.
One thing I will say is you never lose your aim, but the game has changed so much and the maps are much more complex now so there's a lot to learn! Getting the hang of it again now though, and the addition of a 144hz monitor has helped massively, you don't realise the disadvantage you were at until you try one.
What are everyone's ranks?
Good man!!
I feel as if my 144hz monitor made a massive difference too, everything just feels nicer.
At the moment MG2, but I was MGE :-( - had a loss streak of about 7 games. Serious amounts of rage ensued.

2014 Focus Titanium
I hate it when you get on a losing stream there's nothing worse!

I'm MGE but hoping to keep improving and get to DMG then hopefully LE but I don't think I'll be able to go further that that tbh! Not enough skillzzzzz

Started just before 1.0 was released so some time in 2000. Times were much simpler then, mostly played Dust or assault on American servers rocking a 56k. After a while we upgraded to ISDN and played on mostly UK / European Servers, Jolt 7 be the best public server iirc. ISDN is the ultimate gaming connection, relatively low ping at the time at around 60 - 90 but basically unhitable. At this time I became friends with the guys that ran the Landed Lans in Oxford and moved in with them, easily the most fun time of my life. Met the SK guys (HeatoN, bds etc) when they came over to the UK which is the equivalent to chatting to Messi, Ronaldo et al.

1.0 was always my favourite version because bunny hopping wasn't neutered, you could also pull off some seriously sick jumping shots which, although unrealistic were massive fun. 1.3 was good fun, 1.5 was polished and then 1.6 was part of the biggest shift in PC gaming with the move over to Steam. Anyone that complains about Steam in anyway today has simply no idea just how bad it used to be, it was awful. I am however rocking a nice low 5 digit SteamID (0:0:14750), I plan to sell it for millions in 30 years.

I miss it deeply.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I remember the landed lans.
jolt HPB server back in the day on 56k.
BlueYonder also used to host servers.
Barrysworld was cool aswell you could rent them for 1 hour for clan wars.
I need me a gaming pc again.

Totally forgot about Barrysworld. We played in the BWCSL where you had to pay to enter, great way of ensuring people turned up.

Also I notice that ClanBase has shut down. Sad times :(

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pricing me up a pc now.
it was a local lan to me which blubs organised. Don't know if you knew him?
was at squeex lan centre in Birmingham.

F82 M4
I'm pricing me up a pc now.
it was a local lan to me which blubs organised. Don't know if you knew him?
was at squeex lan centre in Birmingham.

Yeah I know him mate, he did the last Firecore and strOng LAN's with neil_m :smile: He looks big and nasty but he's one of the nicest guys ever.
http://www.hltv.org/forum/101659-firecore-lan (I'm under team Fugitive).
Was a disaster for us that one, only me and Bez showed up so had to use 3 mercs lol.

The last strOng one I went that he sorted in Birmingham we finished 4th. Mind, it was only out of 6 teams haha, but we were the only one's drinking. Did you go this one?
IMG_0669.jpg

I'm on the left and Shankz is on the right (if you remember him?)