ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of Pics of the 406 incase anyone is interested

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of pics of the 406 Super Tourer my bro in law has been running for the last few years.

These are seriously cool bits of kit, despite being 25 years old they still go very very well when you want them to.

Interesting to run though as I’m sure you can imagine for what was essentially a prototype. Not a lot of spares around either.

Does some cool stuff, can give them a follow here for those that like cool s**t:

IMG_9986.jpeg
A2640A94-F6DE-4B28-BFF1-652754BE3950.jpeg
IMG_5197.jpeg
IMG_5194.jpeg
IMG_5195.jpeg
IMG_5196.jpeg
105b93aa-0f9f-4ca8-80da-617b7fcf81ae.jpeg
IMG_5183.jpeg
IMG_0061.jpeg
IMG_0062.jpeg

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Was lusting after this one that is for sale in Australia a few weeks back.

Pat still has one or two of them. Been borrowing bits from him here and there 😂

Inc a steering rack that decided to snap spontaneously over the weekend.

A lot of them end up in New Zealand which some may find odd. I know I did.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
That is super cool mate, out of interest how do they compare lap time wise the newer stuff? i loved this era of touring car, proper racing.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
That is super cool mate, out of interest how do they compare lap time wise the newer stuff? i loved this era of touring car, proper racing.

There’s not much in it. But I think it’s key to point out that a lot of the drivers are am’s. But also that they’re all mostly being driven pretty sympathetically due to the sheer cost in repairs. Engines for example, in some cases are basically done after one weekend.

Properly prepped and given the beans I think it would be pretty close. Which is crazy really. I know last year Jake was comfortably doing 33’s on the gp on very old tyres..

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
There’s not much in it. But I think it’s key to point out that a lot of the drivers are am’s. But also that they’re all mostly being driven pretty sympathetically due to the sheer cost in repairs. Engines for example, in some cases are basically done after one weekend.

Properly prepped and given the beans I think it would be pretty close. Which is crazy really. I know last year Jake was comfortably doing 33’s on the gp on very old tyres..
Incredible that mate, must be a real labour of love though with the costs involved.

McGherkin

ClioSport Club Member
This era BTCC was just incredible. Not to mention that classic, TOCA 2. Just an all out arms race.

There’s a really good pack of Super tourers for Assetto Corsa, they’re unbelievably fun to race, can only imagine the real thing.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
This era BTCC was just incredible. Not to mention that classic, TOCA 2. Just an all out arms race.

There’s a really good pack of Super tourers for Assetto Corsa, they’re unbelievably fun to race, can only imagine the real thing.

Old school touring cars were so much better imo.

Better cars. Better drivers. Better racing.

So much to choose from. Super tourers. Group A etc. Amazeballs