ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of questions on sprays

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
This year im taking the old mini to a couple of shows and it will mean staying over night and then sorting it in the morning for the following day. As the car is pretty tight with rollcage and buckets etc Im a bit limited on what I can carry.
What i need to know from a detailing guru is, can i use a detailing spray when i arise from my tent in the morning and the car is covered in dew,dust etc to get the car looking good again without harming the paint?

If so whats best?
I have been looking at megs last touch, also britemax and tropi-care on the i4 det site.

Also at the mo on the cup Im using megs shampoo plus , SRP every so often and petes 53 or tropicare paste wax.
I clean my car most weeks so does the megs shampoo strip all the wax off every time I wash meaning i need to re wax all the time?

Sorry if I sound a bit slow a bucket of zip wax and a quick glym was my idea of detailing up until recently. Ive just had a lot of paintwork done on the clio so want to keep it looking fresh :)

what u put infront of me
Last edited:

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Cheers for that looks like i may need to find room for the bucket,whats your thoughts on the clio?

If the clio is being driven, as Stephen says, it is quite difficult not to damage the paintwork without a proper washing method.

If it is being kept relatively clean then I would suggest something like Megs no:16 Last Touch or a decent Quick Detailer. However, the cause of all scratches and paint marring is usually that "quick wash".

There is a quite a large range of quick detailing products that can found in Halfrauds/Detailing internet shops. Personal preference comes into this in a big way. Some will mention one product, others another.

Hope this helps.

Jamie