ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Courtesy car - too demanding

Basically Im waiting for my 182 and having sold my car am borrowing partners 02 1.2 dynamique. As I travel 45 mins to work, she is getting the train and helping me out. Checked the oil @w/e and seems the head garket has gone (cream gungy stuff in oil/on cap) and needed ltr or so of oil. Rang local dealer and explained and also said I would need a courtesy car, but told 2/3 weeks wait. Told him that couldnt get to work without car and got back to me with no improvement.

Is this reasonable? How much damage could I do in 2 weeks? Would they pay for the damage incurred? Should I just kick-off with the manager or am I being too demanding??

Pls help/advise..Thanks

172, Tiguan

Its a 3 week wait down here as well unfortunatly.

You could ask if they would give you a lift into work, the dealership have done that for me before.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Theres nowt wrong with it.

your head gasket is fine.

Its common on that engine for condensation to create the mayo.

you need to do more long journeys in it mate.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

VERY COMMON on cars that tootle about without getting warm - less than 5 miles in one trip.

My mum-in-laws Fiesta makes about a pint of mayo between services!

Clean it out & change the oil!

Thanks for advise Tom and Black Kro. For last 6 months the car has commuted everyday from Leeds to Manchester (40+ miles) and before that 15 miles each way, so not sure if could be a problem.

Although its usually the sign of problems on engine the mayonaise it doesnt seem to be a problem. Freds clio has the same problem and drives long distances as well.

There was a recient thread on this topic.

I cannot see them giving you a lift you could always try a cheap rental car deal if you partner is fed up of you using there car.

They will probaly want to test drive your car though since you have been using theres.

EDD