ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Courtesy car

White APE
Just a quick one.

My cars being collected tomorrow and going in for repairs with the garage leaving a courtesy car.

Insurance wise, how am I insured on the courtesy car?

Apologies if it's a dumb question.

White APE
Obviously I will tomorrow when they turn up but they're closed now.

Just thought I'd get a head start incase I need to sort anything.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Unfortunately, they're the only ones that can tell you if you're covered by their policy or not dude.

Don't make me get that pic of the crystal ball out from the internet cupboard...

;)

White APE
Lol TEG

27 and it's a local body shop. All arranged through my insurance as it was a motorway smash.

Cup In bits
Well your definately old enough to qualify for their insurance if they have any, I would presume they do having a courtesy car. Usually a signature from you and a phone call their side is all it takes.

Renault Clio MK3
I had to have a courtesy car from Renault (20 Years old), had to pay for extra insurance myself... Not sure if it was to do with my age or not.

Just ask the garage they'll tell you anyway

Volvo XC60 T8
I had to have a courtesy car from Renault (20 Years old), had to pay for extra insurance myself... Not sure if it was to do with my age or not.

Just ask the garage they'll tell you anyway

Nohing to do with your age, it's just renault being a bunch of knobs trying to get money wherever they can. They wanted £20 per 24 hours from me for insurance lol.

Renault Clio MK3
Nohing to do with your age, it's just renault being a bunch of knobs trying to get money wherever they can. They wanted £20 per 24 hours from me for insurance lol.

You're probably spot on tbh mate. I had a horrible experience with Renault.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The cover should just transfer over. Any named driver will be legal to drive the car.

Always double check!

Ford Mustang 5.0
Normally if the courtesy car is part of an insurance claim the car would be covered by your policy or that of the company providing the car. They will normally make you sign an agreement when they drop the car off so you agree to the excess etc on the vehicle.

If you ask the company that drop the car off they will confirm for sure.

best regards
Neil
greenlight

White APE
Thanks guys.

Cars just been collected and dropped off/ confirmed that my policy transfers to the courtesy car.