ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craggy, tell everyone what you raced...

320d M Sport

Cos Im getting slated by my mates for sticking up for you!!! I reckon its do-able though....

Paddy

mk2 172

sorta want to but theres to many people who think "******" fast as f**k, well i found out the contrary last night, and its not the megane i raced tonight!, iv raced a few of the cars i took on last night in the williams, but not in the saxo, until yesterday

mk2 172

ok ok, i was driving down a dual carriageway hill lastnight at the bottom is some lights, im in the left lane approaching the bottom, and the right lane is empty, whereas my lane is full of giffers, so i move over to the right un knowing that the car in quiestion had come flying over the hill like a bat out of hell(i had saw the car in question waiting to come on my road the other side of the hill) theres me just cut him up. hes not too happy behind me, lights go green and i take it steady in first as its icy road sweeps right, then begins a long sweeping left and and hes obviously wanting a race by sounding the dump valve, so at 40 i floor it, so does he, change to 3rd and he doesnt appear to have made any ground, hes moved over to the left lane and by about 90 he was level, i go to fourth and he takes me out. the car in question an M reg impreza.

Well thats not too bad Craggy, the impreza was probally modded due to the dump valve.

He only passed you at 90, you have 1.6 NA he has a 2.0 4x4 Turbo. He must have thought WTF is going on here, icy wet roads he will be putting more power down than your saxo.

Scott

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

If it was a standark UK spec Impreza Turbo 2000 then I can beleive that...

When I had my 106 GTi I was chasing one and he didnt seem to really get away until we got to 100mph, then he was away.

Surpised the hell outta me! ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

The Normal 2.0 Turd blowers are quite rapid but not as fast as everyone thinks.

Nice one mate. Hehe bet he was pissed off with that. Little Saxo giving him a good run for his money!!!

350z & 16v Maxi

Craggy, id say it is poss as in my valver filter and zorst i can keep up with similar years of imprezas. Being behind them they cant lose me, they pull away a slight bit but I can still see is eyes in his rear view mirror. Never went past about 90 racing one but up till 90 there is not much in it.

PS There are 3 other valvers arround here and i have toasted them all

There are various power outputs for different aged models. I think around M they were about 208bhp but being that age it could be putting out anything.

I know of Valvers which can keep up with Imprezas, but when they hit 3rd, its bye bye apparently.

350z & 16v Maxi

I think once you get to about 90 its bye bye but up till that i can keep up. It is so good to see them look in the RVM and are like WTF?????

Craggy - like carlos said, an MY94 if UK would be 208bhp, with who knows how many miles, if it was an import wrx, it would be 240bhp, but that is on 100ron fuel, so probaly about 210/220 bhp on uk fuel. TBH if the impreza was modded, i dont think you would have stod a chance, but i dont know what you have done to your car. One thing is though, scoobs dont like VTA dump valves, they flames though with a full decat, but as a rule VTA are a bit of a no no IMHO of cause.

Imprezas are shaped like a brick, so they are not as quick as you think above a ton, although i did show a 172 a clean pair of heals on the A50 at some speed not so long ago.

Cheers

Jonathan

hmm, you might have got the run on him, and he took a while to catch you, tbh wasnt there so dont have an answer ! Could have been just a slow scoob, crap driver, fluffed a gear change, hit the limiter, who knows !

Certainly not me !

Cheers

Jonathan

Revels Mum & Sister

Hehe Everyone defends there own breed ;)

Wasnt meant as a nasty comment, so no handbags at dawn!!

Revels Mum & Sister

But that is true lots of times drivers are just sh*t or something goes wrong. I have beaten a Civic type R off the lights but it was wet and he just sat there and span, then got going but still spinning where as I didnt much at all!!

If he hadnt been spinning then would have caned me but he didnt so I beat him!! hehe

Bloody honda drivers

320d M Sport

thats true but Craggy raced him from 40 upwards..... no delicate start involved. no-one i told about this believes me, proper annoying when that happens:mad:

up to MY98 UK imprezas are 208BHP 0-60 5.2-5.6, 0-100 15 seconds, after MY98 they are 217 BHP 0-60 5.2, 0-100 14.6 and they have 4 pot brakes, Jap spec are called WRX and they have 240BHP, after 00 it was the bugeye and the Uk model became known as a WRX which you all know what that is

mk2 172

well i suppose that sorta explains it, 2 secs faster to 60, so take that off cos it was rolling start, then he came past at 90 ish, bear in mind mine can go 105 mph indicated in 19 secs with wheelspin doesnt make it too inconceivable

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 21 February 2003

thats true but Craggy raced him from 40 upwards..... no delicate start involved. no-one i told about this believes me, proper annoying when that happens:mad:
Maybe the Scooby driver left it in 5th? ;)

Paul

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quite believe it cause I had a play with a scooby on some twisty B roads.. he was in front but couldnt get away from me.. I had to back off..

Dont know what version it was though cause it was debaged..

why do people think becuase they kept with a car means the car in front was trying their hardest, I can follow an M5 at 70 and keep up on the motorway I had to back off, must mean he was trying:cry:. Another possibility could have been a subaru impreza sport, dressed up like a turbo?, quite hard to tell the difference if its doen properly

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

trust me the scooby driver was trying very hard cause he almost lost it on a corner.. I doubt it was NA cause it had a dump valve on it.

The older scoobies with the 208bhp had 0-60 of around 6.3-6.5. I was taken for a ride in my friends tuned Uno Turbo at the weekend and he killed a VTS ;)