ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crankshaft tdc sensor

HI i no sum1 who has a 1.2 clio dynamique and it has a problem sometimes it will start and run no problems but somedays it wont go at all he has been told it could be the sensor near the flywheel bt would this cause the problem of it not starting any help would be appriciated.

Skoda Fabia vRS
if you do fit a new one, get a Renault one and the loom to go with it, sometimes the problem is in the connector so you need an OE one and to fit both parts of it

if you do fit a new one, get a Renault one and the loom to go with it, sometimes the problem is in the connector so you need an OE one and to fit both parts of it
+1, costs around £40 for both bits, you can just fit them yourself but it's a pain to get to.

When I had this problem it wouldn't start at all and I had the same lights on the dash.

PH1 172, E39
i don't think that the TDC Crankshaft Sensor does generate the coil lights on your dashboard. If you run a scan, it would pick it up as being a fault. I have to change mines. Some days the car would start good but when you mash the gas pedal, you can hear a slight delayed rev.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The Crankshaft position sensor ( TDC sensor ) is usually the guilty party.

On UK spec 1.2 16v clio's there was a recall in 2002 of which they reset the peripherals on the ECU for this very fault. It may not apply to your car but its worth checking it out with your local Renault dealership ( 4430E ) ( 17B )

Also check the connector going to the ECU. A common fault on the 1.2 16v's is the black metallic cover which protects the ECU rubs against the wiring loom and can cause a short circuit. This will create numerous different problems dependant upon the severity of the damage.

Also check the computerised throttle body - very common fault ( 3552A ) ( 17B )

Last edited: