ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crap, lost my locking nut keys

Are my wheels going to be forever attached to my car :|

These locking nuts are the propper renault ones so can't be bashed off. Are they generic though can I just get a key from renault or egay?

thanks.

clio mk2 ph2 1.2 16v
my mate lost his for his saxo but he took it 2 a garage n they managed 2 get them off somehow. maybe thay could do the same for you

Renault garages can get them off.
Or you an just order some new nuts
Or just have them drilled out
Or have a bolt welded to the heads of them and undo the bolt.

Octavia VRS
I came on to post the same thing! I have lost my locking nuts key for my Dynamique wheels and the garage I went to today need this to get my wheels off :(

I thought they were generic as well but EvilJohn has told me that they are unique :(

Looks like I will have to phone the local Renault dealer tomorrow.

Anyone with any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

BMW 320d SE
I broke the locking wheel nut key on mine, as some tyre monkey did my nuts up too tight! :mad:
Anyway, went to Renault with key code, and they ordered me a new one. It was in the region of £20, and it took ages to arrive as it had to come from Italy!
Hope this helps! :cool:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Best bet is to put the original wheel bolts back on before you go and get new tyres so they can't overtighten em and f*ck em up , change back to the locking bolts when you get home .

A well built VW
kENNY I'LL HAVE A LOOK TOMORO SEE IF ITS IN WITH THE NUTS (I THREW THEM OUT YESTERDAY CLEANING THE GARAGE YOUR LUCKY) IF NOT GET A SOCKET AND BANG IT OVER THE NUT OR DRILL EM OUT LIKE I HAD TO WITH MY MCGARD ONES (NIGHTMARE)

Monaco Blue Mk2
I had a similar problem last Sunday. My nuts/bolts were fecked. I took it down to budget and they drilled or hammerd something over them and drilled them out. Charged me a tenner which I thought reasonable. I then bought some good locking wheel nuts not the shite Renault ones for £20. More unecessary expense but it had to be done! I was driving round with two 16's on one side and two 14's on the other side! It was leathal!

Octavia VRS
The Big Yin said:
kENNY I'LL HAVE A LOOK TOMORO SEE IF ITS IN WITH THE NUTS (I THREW THEM OUT YESTERDAY CLEANING THE GARAGE YOUR LUCKY) IF NOT GET A SOCKET AND BANG IT OVER THE NUT OR DRILL EM OUT LIKE I HAD TO WITH MY MCGARD ONES (NIGHTMARE)

Cheers mate, very much appreciated. I only found out when I took it for a service yesterday and got a phone call asking where the key was!!! Booked it in again on Friday depending on if I find the key lol!

Octavia VRS
Karlos69 said:
I broke the locking wheel nut key on mine, as some tyre monkey did my nuts up too tight! :mad:
Anyway, went to Renault with key code, and they ordered me a new one. It was in the region of £20, and it took ages to arrive as it had to come from Italy!
Hope this helps! :cool:

unfortunately I bought the wheels from somone who had bought them from someone else. Grrrrr!!! :mad:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Kenny you do mean one of the actual nuts dont you? Not the nut holding on teh centre cap? COs teh centre capnut is generic but an actual locking wheel nut is unique, it'd be pointless if they were all the same!

Octavia VRS
Lol, not the centre cap mate, the actual locking wheel nut. Yeh if they were all the same that would cause all sorts of missing wheels lol!!

Turbos.
I think the mechanic who worked on my car has lost the little key that releases the centre cap, is this a generic part or unique as well?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Did the locking nut look like this ? If so , they have a letter on the side like this one " E " then you can order the same key , obviously if you knew the number .

Last edited:
:( mine didn't look like the one in that pic

They were like this set

b2_1_b.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
AmDaMan said:
:( mine didn't look like the one in that pic

They were like this set

b2_1_b.jpg

Thats what mine are like that i have on now . They have a letter on the side of key as well .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This is a pic of what mine are like . They have a letter " M " stamped on the side , so i'm assuming if you wanted a spare key you would have to quote this letter .

Sorry about the crap pic , i borrowed it off ebay .

Last edited:
hahaha guess what!? I found it! It was in the deepest regions of the footwell! So many problems solved. Mine look like that, the pattern is very slightly different!

Thanks everyone for the help. It's tucked away in my safe now so hopefully it won't go anywhere :D (how sad does that sound :p)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Well dome mate . At least its saved ya havin em drilled off . Get yourself a spare ordered now ;)

Its in your safe , what car are ya driving , a 182 ?