ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash 14/04/09

Authentique 1.2
Had a rta on gallows corner roundabout on tuesday, some foreign bloke was in the outside lane to go right around the roundbaout down main road.

As i've turnt off, he smacked into my passenger side...where my pregant fiancee was :(

She had the window mostly open, thankfully. So there wasnt tonnes of glass in her face. But she got taken to hosp.

Luckily enough police said I was in the right, and they said that he is being held responsable...but they wouldnt proscute him.

Anyway, now my car door is fuced, bucked mangled and a pane of glass missing, instead it's in bits in the car..

Silly sod hasnt reported it to his insurance comapny yet, so mine wont do nothing. Im out of a car, and now im bussing it from romford to barking everyday.

Mercedes C320!
not good mate... i hate gallows corner! If your after another a clio i am selling mine and only live in romford! Look in the for sale section or pm me! ;)

oh and sorry bout the crash! :(

Partner's Astra SRi
Was your fiancee ok?

Sorry to hear this. Someone nearly did this to me the other week.

Clio 197 08
Not good to hear mate, just hope he does get in contact! Did you take all his details mate? Hope your fiancee was alright!

That roundabout attracts all the fuckwits in the world to it people have no idea and never follow the road markings had a few near misses..c***s. Unlucky fella hope u get it sorted.

I hate people who have no lane discipline... one of the most annoying things on the road.

Sorry to hear about the accident mate and I hope the Mrs. is alright.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Phone helphire or someone similar, they should be able to sort you out a car ;)

hope you & the mrs & the bump are ok

Authentique 1.2
That bumps called lily :D

Yeah were okay thanks guys, just so s**t because im out of a car...and this bloke hasnt reported it yet to his insurance...

I spoke to mine again today, they have said that he has upto 3 months to report it! They won't touch my car untill then, silly woman on the phone said to 'take the car to a garage to get a quote' considering it's not road safe...this is why we pay for insurance, send out a engineer to assess the damage!

However im stuck getting buses to work, romford to barking in rush hour on a smelly bus...:dapprove:

Thanks for the replys thou, and clio1990 I will take a look!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I didn't know he had to report it too. I thought they'd contact his insurance company who would in turn contact him.

Keep a note of all costs and receipts if poss of the inconvenience he's causing you and make sure you claim for that amount, through your insurance company's solicitors if you've got legal cover. Or go through a third party if you haven't. No point in you shelling out extra cost because he's too lazy to pick up a phone.

Your insurance are supposed to contact his insurance. Thats how it works.

Failing that, ring up his insurance yourself. Your insurance company can tell you who he's insured through using his reg.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol that guy is never going to call his insurance company. The police agree with you just call helphire and sit back and let them do the work.

You can still get your car repaired by your insurers. This may kick them into contacting the other insurance company because insurers don't like paying out money and they will want to recoup their losses!