ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash help please

The Jinx

G/f crashed my car on saturday (went up the back of a 04 320 CD!) after my road atlas shot out from under the seat and got stuck near the brake pedal.:((why isnt there a sobbing smilie?)

Nasically Im going to need a new bonnet, new grille, new n/s headlight and possibly new front bumper. However the front cross member that the bonnet and bumper are attached to is bent back about 2 inches.

So 2 questions.

1: Can they pull these back outstraight again?

2: Its dented 1 row of the radiator but not punctured it so will I need a new radiator as well?

Ill put piccies up tomorrow for everyone to cringe at.

i had something similar the other day mate, i dont know how, but the mat lifted itself off the floor, and tanged between the brake and the floor - mid drive, was fine when i set off.

went to push the clutch down because was approaching a rounabout and could see cars coming from the right and felt it clip something (mushed up mat to the right) then when i went to brake i assumed a bottle or something was stuck in there, so put it into 2nd at 40 and 1st at about 25 then pulled the h/brake gently to try and slow, did with loads fo time to spare, but sh*t me up good style.

cant be any help with the accident, but hope everyone concerned is ok :)

Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 20 June 2004

(why isnt there a sobbing smilie?)
Ive always wonered that... we need one with the tongue out too....Sorry change of subject.

Need piccies to assess the damage b4 owt else
Hope every1 is ok

Mondeo STTDCI

Carry some radiator seal just in case but I drove with a dented radiator and it was fine. Depends how bad a dent tho!

Very diificult to pull out probably easier to spot weld in a new cross member quite costly unless you can do it youself it might have pulled away from where it is attached at either side as well

The Jinx

Its still atached at either end. Its bent in (just to the right of centre) about 2 inches, so Im hoping like hell they can pull it straight again.

I can get all the other parts for £260 delivered so thats not too bad. Fingers crossed!

Im sure its been in a front ender before as the splash guards are cracked and theres a lot of surface rust on the front end (bonnet underside and crossmember.)

Ill cry if it costs. Its just this front member thats the potential killer as I can fit everything else myself. I was going to replace it all anyway at some point due to a comination of rust damage to the bonnet where the hinge fits, a million stone chips including one very large one on the bulge, and a broken grille, indicator, plastic bit under headlight and a bumper with holes in that doesnt look like its been re-fitted properly.

The Jinx

Does need a new x-member and front panel. He made out it would be less for those parts than the bonnet though.

Get the quote in tomorrows post.

Pictures soon.

Yep, I am QuadCam!

I just hope we dont get Donna on here. Unless anyone fancies an easy shag off a desperate slapper?

sorry to hear of the crash, hope all are ok

to answer the questions....

1. yep, it can be straightened, probs require a jig though.

2. as for the radiator, depends how bad. could be ok if you keep an eye on it, i.e. water temp and level. carry some rad-weld as somebody previously mentioned. if all else fails, a new one is around £80

can get a brand new bonnet for ~£150, will probs need painting though

brand new front bumper and all fixings cost a fortune - go for 2nd hand?

hope the above helps a bit

It will require a jig at the very least. You should ideally buy a new slam pannel. Unfortunantly with it being front open for the bonnet, it usually gets pushed back. I had all sorts of problems getting it through the MOT cos the headlight aim was too low, even though it had been jacked out. You can buy 3rd party bits for a fraction of the cost - a bonnet was 70quid new and a bumper was around £60, h/light was about £45. Scrap yard maybe?

The Jinx

Bonnet from Renault = £100

Grille from Renault = £11

H/L from infinicar (top, top bloke) = £15

bumper from infinicar = £75

front x-member/panel from non OE supplier = £52

Hinges = £28

No. Plate = £10

fitting & Spraying= £500