ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking clutch

My clutch is making a loud creaking noise once its hot. You can hear it inside and outside the car. It seems to work fine though, perhaps a little heavy. Been doing it for a month or so now.

I did a quick search and from what I can tell its likely to be a problem with the cable. Can anyone confirm this or give a different cause?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Uncureable!!! Pain in the tits! I changed the cable, greased it, the rachet mech under the pedal! Still did it when it was hot!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Pain in the tits! I changed the cable, greased it, the rachet mech under the pedal! Still did it when it was hot!

Fcuk it then. As long as its not doing any harm (i.e. knackering my clutch) I'm not too bothered.

It first did it when I was stuck in stop start traffic for a while in warm weather. The car got that hot that the fan started going (the only time thats ever happened since I've had it). Thought it was a one off but its done it a couple of times now after I've been ragging it a bit.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fcuk it then. As long as its not doing any harm (i.e. knackering my clutch) I'm not too bothered.

It first did it when I was stuck in stop start traffic for a while in warm weather. The car got that hot that the fan started going (the only time thats ever happened since I've had it). Thought it was a one off but its done it a couple of times now after I've been ragging it a bit.

Same with me...Except it got embarassin as it looked like i had crap clutch control! - Jerky! I stalled numerous times!

So it actually affected the operation of the clutch on your car? Seems to work fine on mine still (touch wood!); hav'nt had any problem controlling it. Just makes quite a loud creaking.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine did this, put a new clutch cable in, was fine after.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
So it actually affected the operation of the clutch on your car? Seems to work fine on mine still (touch wood!); hav'nt had any problem controlling it. Just makes quite a loud creaking.

It was just really stiff and creaky, if you were moving in traffic, it was jerky...

Megane Trophy, Golf
Mines started this too! Like baldy says its only when you do stop start driving, i sprayed some WD40 down cable in footwell, sorted! ;)