ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cream in oil cap and pipe

Renault clio mk3 1.2
Clio mk3 16v 1.2 2010
Done about 94k miles and i went to do an oil top up and theres a lot of creamy substance..?
0925A312-7466-45BC-B55A-369EB0570D68.jpeg
3A269009-3CD2-4138-90DA-1A83BCDBE86D.jpeg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Have you been doing a lot of short journeys? This is common and often just condensation.

If theres nothing in your coolant/on your dipstick theres nothing wrong.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Short drives usually lead to this as over time you're building up a lot of condensation in the oil.

The engine has to get up to temp and sustain that temp for a healthy duration before burning off any water that's in the oil.

Renault clio mk3 1.2
Have you been doing a lot of short journeys? This is common and often just condensation.

I forgot to state, I do a lot of long journeys, the car burns a lot of oil im having to top up but no physical leaks on floor.. I noticed on the air filter theres oil as well !

Renault clio mk3 1.2
Short drives usually lead to this as over time you're building up a lot of condensation in the oil.

The engine has to get up to temp and sustain that temp for a healthy duration before burning off any water that's in the oil.
I forgot to state, I do a lot of long journeys, the car burns a lot of oil im having to top up but no physical leaks on floor.. I noticed on the air filter theres oil as well !

Renault clio mk3 1.2
Clio mk3 16v 1.2 2010
Done about 94k miles and i went to do an oil top up and theres a lot of creamy substance..?View attachment 1514944View attachment 1514945

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Even doing long journeys they will usually still mayo up, they need to get proper hot regularly to clear it.

1 litre per 300 miles means something is fucked, get it on a ramp and look for a leak first, but i suspect you would know it was leaking by now if it was leaking that amount, sounds like its burning it! how many miles has it done?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Even doing long journeys they will usually still mayo up, they need to get proper hot regularly to clear it.

1 litre per 300 miles means something is fucked, get it on a ramp and look for a leak first, but i suspect you would know it was leaking by now if it was leaking that amount, sounds like its burning it! how many miles has it done?
94k in the first post, probably not that many more by now.

Has it had a vag engine swap? 🤣

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

You seem to have an issue. On a forum, just like in a conversation with someone else try not to repeat your self constantly, also try not to start two separate conversations at the exact same time about the same subject. Just like in normal conversation if you keep repeating your self and not waiting for a response you will look like a right mong.

You seem to have an issue. On a forum, just like in a conversation with someone else try not to repeat your self constantly, also try not to start two separate conversations at the exact same time about the same subject. Just like in normal conversation if you keep repeating your self and not waiting for a response you will look like a right mong.

btw, the answer to your question in full is that your car is done. If the car isn't badly leaking oil then it IS burning oil. Whats the service history like? Do you have any record of it being serviced at all in the last 100k.

Renault clio mk3 1.2

btw, the answer to your question in full is that your car is done. If the car isn't badly leaking oil then it IS burning oil. Whats the service history like? Do you have any record of it being serviced at all in the last
Awh how cute, you put so much time into your reply. Btw its serviced every 8k. What sort of question is that.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Awh how cute, you put so much time into your reply. Btw its serviced every 8k. What sort of question is that.
Don't be so miserable, you know you did a silly.

Its the sort of question that helps people to assess your question better, lack of servicing would point to a number of issues which could result in high oil consumption. Id do as Yorkshire pudding suggested above and ask the garage to check the breather before asking them to scrap the car.