ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

creating directories (script?) (quite urgent sort of)

i need a way of automating the creation of directories and the moving of files into the newly created directory

all files are just in one directory but each file needs to be in its own called by the file name excluding extension

d:\movies\a great movie (2008).mkv
needs to go to
d:\movies\a great movie (2008)\a great movie (2008).mkv

can anyone knock up a script for this ?

clio
i have a script for this exact purpose... one sec whilst I find it...

here.

'make it .bat
'put in folder in question
'should make new folder for each file

@echo off
for %%a in (*.*) do (
md "%%~na" 2>nul
move "%%a" "%%~na"
)

Last edited:
fantastic otherwise it would have been a very very long night lol

i really need to start scripting not done any since dos :(

clio
Yeh its great - saved me loadsa time too.

I can't take credit for it tho i stole it off someone else on Avforums I think!

Just starting using a bit of autoit for media centre related stuff myself.

You using media browser / meta browser?. You can get meta browser to rename all your files and folders to a standard you define automatically based on its metadata.

yes just started last night lol moved from boxee and media portal

wish id found meta browser last week before i used this other tool to rename them lol

clio
yeh I think 7 media centre / media browser / and meta browser is the best combo right now.

If you havent already.. check out Stark Covers, mychannel logos, media center studio and TunerfreeMCE.

was my plan for tonight only got my tv series done so far

it kept bringing family guy up in czech lol couldnt figure out why then realised id changed the language by mistake

clio
ooops! I had issues with family guy because of the dicrepancies around season 5 and 6 where I have them in random folders and don't know what is which season. I think i'll have to watch em all again and rename as i go!

When you get to the movies pick your folder structure carefully coz media browser can be quite picky with mixing avi's and mkv's etc with isos (plus then you can use stark covers to distinguish blu's and HD from DVD)

as a guide i went for

d:\movies\DVD\(all mkvs avi etc in own folders)
d:\movies\iso\(isos in own folder)
d:\movies\TS folders\(TS folders in own folders)
d:\movies\HighDef\(all high def mkv avi in own folders)
d:\movies\HighDefIso\(high def isos in own folders)

and so on...

Then use stark covers to give anything in the high def folders a bluray type cover and the others dvd - looks nice.

You can then use media browser to show all of the above locations in one place called movies with high def looking like blurays and dvd quality looking like dvd or separate however you want.

cool shall give it ago i suppose im lucky all my stuff is mkv or avi (im trying to get rid of all those though) i dont care for special features lol

all my mkv are just straight rips using make mkv