ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creed LED Bulbs have destroyed my car ?

Clio RS200
Hi all
so here's the story. Brought the car 2 months ago and I changed the reversing bulbs for the creed projector led type. Shortly after they stopped working and at the same time an emission light has come on and the car seems to think it's all ways in gear and as a result won't start unless the clutch is pressed. So i took the car back today and the garage and they say the bulbs have caused damage to the electrical loom. As such they say the 3 month warranty is void which is fair enough if the bulbs have caused the damage but what do people think? To my mind there should be fuse to prevent such an event happening. Thoughts please may be looking at a huge bill if it turns out such a thing is possible

Did they offer any description of said "damage?"

I.e. this thread can go one of two very different ways: either there's a large burnt looking area stemming from the bulbs along with lots of melted wiring ...or they're just trying to have you on.

Emissions light. Does it have a decat?

HAHAHAH

Led's draw less current than standard bulbs, they won't have damaged anything.

Tell them to get it sorted out under warranty

genuine decent ones yes , ones from china of dubious quality and origin ???

thats what might be needed to be asked before the outcome is answered

so OP where did you buy the LED's ?

Clio RS200
Yeah there were pretty cheap so I doubt there were good quality .. I didn't imagine in a million years they would cause damage to the car as like Thomas just said they use less current so I thought they would be safer if anything. Also what's the point of a fuse if not to protect the loom from such occurrences ? .. Tr guys said they had sent a spike down to an electrical part in the engine bay ( can't recall what it was right now I'm calling them back tomorrow ) they said it was the E something .. Wasn't the ecu. Does this sound possible ? I thought a bulb would draw current and blow rather than spike it back I'm no electrician as you may have gathers

You are correct the bulbs are protected by a fuse , so if the led through a total short then i cant see that could damage the loom but its possible .
Get them to write you a breif report of their findings and post here

Clio RS200
Yeah I will get them to do that. If that's the case how could damage occur the other side of the fuse ? That's the one thing I can't get my head around ?