ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creeking from front rhs suspension

Clio 172 Cup
When on full lock going up the drive way i get a horrible creeking noise on the front rhs, and also sounds like something is loose now and again whilst driving in a straight line? Anything on the suspension side i should check out?

Thanks

PH1 V6
top mounts.... they can make all sorts of strange noises... like a knocking noise or creeking etc

also driveshaft/cv joints etc... it could be a number of things. get it on a ramp and have a good fiddle about

Clio 172 Cup
yeah will get it jacked up at weekend, and have a play by moving the strut around. It's not a knocking noise just a light noise now and again and more of a heavy noise on full locking whilst going up a kurb for instance. It's fine on full lock on smooth roads. Are they much top mounts?

Cheers

PH1 V6
if it is your top mounts i doubt youl need new ones mate.

Its a design fault and the creeking can more often than not be cured but using a speacial sized washer or grinding part of the turret (Renault do this to cure the problem as they are aware its a design fault). wont do the car any harm so just ignore it or you could pay to get it sorted.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i wouldnt get them from euro carparts there not for the rs, been there done that. lol both my rs have creaked, apparently duck oil is supposed to stop it.

Clio 172 Cup
Ok cheers pal, i will have a gander this weekend. Can you tell by jacking the car up and seeing the problem? Just so i know what to look out for. Cheers Bud.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
They have like a bearing inside underneath the washer. The creacking is caused by moisture but don't use just wd40 or else it will sieze, oil it afterwards.