ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control - Can someone help me ID plugs please?

So I have a 2002 Ph2 172 which doesnt have cruise currently.

I pulled out the dash panel and there are two unused plugs behind it, in addition to the adjuster wheel connections:

IMG_20180722_165225618_HDR.jpg

Can anyone confirm what these are for? Cruise control and ESP?

And then under the dash I have this, attached to the same loom as the brake switch and accelerator pedal. Is this for the clutch switch?

IMG_20180722_165246941_HDR.jpg

Thanks in advance, I just need to know what I have and which dash panel to buy

Thanks

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If your switch is plugged in and you haven't got the lights there are four things potentially going on, fuse, missing wiring in the engine side of the loom, clocks not set up for cruise or ECU not set up for cruise. Verify them in the order I've listed! To get the cruise light up all you need it 12v going down the cruise control "control" wire to the ECU.

@GrahamS thanks for that. Which fuse am I looking for? What wiring am I looking to confirm (ECU pin number)? I assume both clocks and ECU can be sorted with clip? (I have it but wouldn't know where to start).

Cheers

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
If your switch is plugged in and you haven't got the lights there are four things potentially going on, fuse, missing wiring in the engine side of the loom, clocks not set up for cruise or ECU not set up for cruise. Verify them in the order I've listed! To get the cruise light up all you need it 12v going down the cruise control "control" wire to the ECU.

@GrahamS , could you please tell me which one is the cruise control "control" wire and to what cable that has 12v on it would be recommended to be 'attached ' to ? Thank you