ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cruise control problem !!!

hey guys,

i'm still having this very annoying cruise control problem. cruise control is not working but the green light is on :-( . speed limiter is working fine. and when the technician checked the computer the cruise control problem gave a "status 9" error. i changed the standard tail lights with clio 2 led lights. is the clio 2 led lights has something to do with the cruise control ??

Der Panzer
^ Wouldn't have thought so. If he diagnosed the fault did you suggest a solution? That would kind of be the whole point in diagnosing the fault in the first place. :S

the cause of this problem is unkown. i already changed the computer chip once and it didn't work after that. and they will change it again but i feel that the same thing will happen again. any suggestions ???

Shhh
How old is the car, mileage etc. If its fairly new..ie less than 3 months, id consider ringing trading standards, and renault uk about the car. They can sure advise you on what can happen, and renault uk maybe able to tell the dealer to get a shifty on.

Ive had that many issues with the 182 i have, that im getting rid of the damn thing. Over 18 warranty claims for items, over 25 jobs and maybe 6-7weeks of loss of the car. Real sorry storey and renault uk cannot help me as the car is older than one year.

The cruise control is not an essential item to the daily running of the car. You could arrange a car with the dealer etc, the sales manager etc to enable you to leave the car with them for a week or so to be fixed. Bringing the car in now and then is no good as no real time to work the thing, remember that if a part is not broken, it cant be fitted to the car. The original must be fitted back, if it can as renault wont pay for things like this as they are sent back to renault, not as if the dealer can throw it in the bin.

On my car ive had a new cruise control switch, and a new dash console with the cruise contol system.

I wish you well on this one, tho only time can fix this thing. You can post the question about the car on here.. see if he can help you, i highly suspect he works for renault in some form, as provided alot of info on faults to others..

http://forum.parkers.co.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17192&whichpage=20

The inital post was in 2005, tho he updates it daily. You will need to register, tho it only takes an email address. Have a read through some of the faults people have had if you have the time, some real good info on other models.

182 + Cup
Apologies if this is over simple, but have you checked the brake light switch? Cruise won't activate while the brakes are on even though the controls may be activated. I know this to be true as it happened on my old Astra. The switch failed and cruise wouldn't set as it was though I was constantly braking.

If you've changed the rear lights then maybe this is affecting it?

well i told the technician about the brake pedal switch he disconnected the whole ciruit and still the same problems exists. adn my car is 6 months old , 14000 kms on the clock. warranty 3 years.

Clown Car
Led bulbs sometimes confuse bulb blown checking systems in cars because they do not give the same resistance as a filament type bulb, i'm not sure where the cruise control receives it's signal from the braking system.

Was the cruise control working ok before you changed the bulbs?, if so change them back and check it.

As someone else has said might be worth checking the brake light switch to make sure it is not sticking/faulty and causing cruise control to switch off, also check if there is a clutch switch aswell.

Also was there not a problem with the cruise control switch on the dash?.

2015 Clio 220 Trophy
hi
there was a ti note regarding led lights cant remember if it was a cruise control problem or not.i will check tomorrow, all you would need to do was take the lights right out or replace them with the old ones if you still have them that should clear the problem if that was the cause.
regards

i really don't remember if i ever used the cruise control after installing the new led lights. i replaced them with the original ones but that didn't workout. there was once a funny problem when i installed the led lights, after installing them the car didn't ignite and the spoiler brake light didn't work, a fuse or something got damaged maybe after that the cruise control system got pooof ! anyway i'll take the original lights with me the next time they change the computer chip to make sure that it's nothing to do with the led lights. anyway i was really haapy with the led lights once i received them but after the cruise control problem and stuff i want to put back the old ones and sell those. i really ran out of solutions here. it's been more than three months and this nightmare doesn't wana end.