ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control problem

ph2 172 and 106 gti
I have changed my steering wheel recently on my ph2 172 and now the cruise doesn't work, where as the speed limiter works absolutely fine,

When i press the CC button the green light comes on but i can not input anything, the buttons don't do anything, any ideas??

Read abit about the airbag ring and such but how do i check this??

also had the camblet done recently if that would change anyhing??

Any Ideas help much appreciated :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If the airbag ring was faulty the s/l wouldn't work.

This could be pedal sensors imo. On brake or clutch pedal

Mike

ph2 172 and 106 gti
No i haven't worked before i changed the steering wheel, how ever i had the cambelt done after and didn't check inbetween

I have put LED sidelights in and a cup spolier with new brake light, but that would be clutching at straws a bit?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No i haven't worked before i changed the steering wheel, how ever i had the cambelt done after and didn't check inbetween

I have put LED sidelights in and a cup spolier with new brake light, but that would be clutching at straws a bit?
Does the new rear brake light work? I've heard it can effect it.

Da

Less
Have you fitted LED rear brake lights?

Have you checked your brake lights work?

ph2 172 and 106 gti
Yeah the new brake light works ok, is the brake switch etc just a contact so if i take the switch out i can test it easily?

And no i have fitted led brake lights

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the new brake light works ok, is the brake switch etc just a contact so if i take the switch out i can test it easily?

And no i have fitted led brake lights
Afaik they are just a switch, i tested a working one and there were 4 prongs. 1 n/o and 1 n/c switch.

Da

Less
Yeah it's a closed circuit and an open circuit a far as I can remember. One does the brake lights and the other is the CC circuit.

ph2 172 and 106 gti
Can they be adjusted?? i think i read that somewhere, just seems a bit of a coincidence that it has gone now,

By the way are you a Electrical Engineer?, i am and that how i would say it ie n/o n/c,

Da

Less
I'm an electrician so I have an understanding of basic switches, if you meant me? ;)

They can be adjusted yeah, but normally that brings on the warning lights on the dash first.

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
check the plug that go,s into the back of the clock spring mine had come out as tooth was snapped off glued it in cc worked straight away plus air bag light stopped going on and off

ph2 172 and 106 gti
Thanks for all your help on this, pulled my switches out today tested them, both seemed absolutely fine, so put them back in and gave it a test drive and works a treat now, not sure what i did but its fixed for the minute!