ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control troubleshoot

BG 182
I'm having intermittent trouble with my cruise control, tried to troubleshoot online but not much information, are the clutch/brake switch linked to the CC system, if so could these be at fault? I've tried adjusting them but still having issues, so units could be faulty?

For the record, speed limiter works as it should.

BMW 320d SE
If you press the brake or clutch, the cc disengages. It could be something down there if you've ruled out the wiring/switches on the steering wheel.

BG 182
If you press the brake or clutch, the cc disengages. It could be something down there if you've ruled out the wiring/switches on the steering wheel.

Thanks, I've had both the clutch/brake switch off the car today, and sprayed with wd40, just in case of water ingress. Not sorted the issue though.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Clutch and Brake Switches are both linked to the CC circuit. Common failure points or need reset by pushing in the plungers in completely and pull them out a few 'clicks' (3 clicks for brake switch, not sure how any for clutch)

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Thanks, I've had both the clutch/brake switch off the car today, and sprayed with wd40, just in case of water ingress. Not sorted the issue though.
If the above doesn't work I'd suggest get it checked out with the official Renault diagnostics kit called 'Clip' instead of messing about and possibly causing more hassle for yourself

BG 182
Clutch and Brake Switches are both linked to the CC circuit. Common failure points or need reset by pushing in the plungers in completely and pull them out a few 'clicks' (3 clicks for brake switch, not sure how any for clutch)
Thanks GavC, I think the issue lies with the brake switch, as if CC is enabled, and I tapped the brake pedal from underneath it disengaged, meaning its super sensitive to movement.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Thanks GavC, I think the issue lies with the brake switch, as if CC is enabled, and I tapped the brake pedal from underneath it disengaged, meaning its super sensitive to movement.

Follow the steps I've given to reset it with 3-4 clicks and hopefully that solves your problem [emoji106] My CC and speed limiter are both not working, my squib is what's at fault though :(