ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control

Blue Sport 182
Alrite,

I have a 182 sport, 04 plate...got cruise control...no idea how 2 work it.

Got a + and a - on the left of the wheel. Got an O and an R on the right.

Also got a little switch on the right of the dash with a picture of a clock on it that can either be pressed up or down, but doesn't stay in (been told this is something totally different, 2 do with a speed limiter, but got no idea)
If i press and hold the up part of the switch, i can use the + and -, but surely that can't be it!!

Can anyone shed some light on it please?

Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Down the right hand side you have 2 switches and 1 thumbwheel . The thumbwheel is to dim / brighten the display on your dash clocks .

1 switch has esp written on it . This turns on / off the esp and traction contorl .It always on by default , each time you start the car . When you turn it off you get a small orange light on your dash to say it's off .

The other switch with the little clock type symbol is your cruise control and speed limiter . Press it up and you get a green light on your dash for crusie control . Press it down and the light is orange for the speed limiter .

Both only work above 20mph .

With the cruise control on . and using the + / - on the left hand side of the steering wheel you can speed up or slow down . The O and R on the right handside of the steering wheel are used to turn it off or return to the stored speed .

O = Off
R = Return to the stored speed .

Likewise when you use the speed limiter . The +/- changed the speed limiter up and down . And the O and R turns it off or returns to the stored speed .

You can over ride the speed limiter by pressing the accelerator pedal to the floor . Also pressing the brake or clutch turns off the cruise control until you press R ( return )

Hope i explained it clearly lol ;)

Clown Car
wardy 182 -

Like MrBillyUk says, press the top of the switch for cruise control and the bottom of the switch for speed limiter, when you press either the top or bottom of the switch it should stay in on its own, you should not have to hold it in, if it pops back out to the central posistion, then there is a fault with the switch, it is a common fault that Renault know about.