ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Bargain E90 330i SE

330i. E30 Touring.
Looking like about £50 on the bay for the switchpack.

Get one ordered and delivered by Weds and i'll swap it then.. Or i'll just leave the old one hanging out so all you have to do is plug it in and clip it in. xx

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
If they were the same mate I've got spares! Feel free to look into it.

Whole unit looks like this mate;

BMW-61319217332.jpg

I think I just need one of the window buttons. Will check on weds with the Budgie.....

If you have one, i'd be very grateful, in London on Friday if you're about for a brief catch up?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Whole unit looks like this mate;

BMW-61319217332.jpg

I think I just need one of the window buttons. Will check on weds with the Budgie.....

If you have one, i'd be very grateful, in London on Friday if you're about for a brief catch up?
They look very similar mate, I'll pull one off and bring it in on Friday. I'm only here AM, going to the opening game of the rugby World Cup, obviously!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
For the sake of £50, id just buy the whole bank, save trying to remove one of the buttons (i'm not sure they can be split?). Hopefully its just teh switch & not the regulator as that can be a bit of a pig to swop over, i had to do a couple on the e46 touring.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
The rear drivers side went on mine It would go down but not up. As Sir Dave said for £50 just get a totally new one.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well on the rear it was super simple, just pull back on the switch like your putting the window up and it popped out. Im guessing with the front its just a case of gently prying it from the arm rest on the door, on the new part you should be able to see where the clips are holding it in. Alternatively you could remove the door panel and disconnect it from behind and fit the new one, long winded I know.

Hope thats of some help.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Update time, and sadly it isn't great news. Some gormless fuckwit ran into the Shicra when it was parked up. Then scarpered. Healthy whack;

fc09a639f9074bee14d83ef3d956d1e4.jpg

This was 3 weeks or so ago. Plucky Shicra shrugged it off though.

Then to add insult to injury another gormless fuckwit ran into the Beemer in M&S and scarpered aswell. Jesus wept, twice in 3 weeks;

db29f3d90800898ac4de8b86fbf34a3e.jpg

6cef5d70a6b3acfc7bea0bbf5a519551.jpg

37b7741d2d133389178a4c3cadd95cf4.jpg

So I'll need to get that patched up. Most of it will come out with a good polish (hi @Scrooge) and replace the number plate but the middle bit is dented quite badly.

So annoying. Ignorant turd people.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Update time. It clocked over 120k last week.

About 3 weeks ago, it spat its dummy on the a34 and triggered the DSC, ABS, and DTC warning lights. Transpires it was a speed sensor, so an easy / cheap fix. I breathed a sigh of relief as for a few days it looked like it may have been the dreaded DSC module. But swapped the sensor, and all fixed up.

With the arrival of mini-cub, the saloon isn't currently able to live up to the space requirements demanded by copious amounts of baby paraphernalia. So I bought some Whispbars and a Thule 800 roofbox today, arriving tomorrow. Should solve the holiday "space" issue, as we have a few weekends away coming up in the calendar. Basically the same setup as this, minus the ladder as I'm not a midget;

roof2_zpsdcf593ab.jpg

20120829_112254.jpg

I'll update with photos of mine when it's fitted.

The other issue is it is due brakes all round (discs and pads) in a few thousand miles, rear ball joints have play on the upper arms so they'll need doing aswell. And tyres are at 6mm on the back, 7mm on the front.

In the meantime, averaging 27.3 mpg, and just keeps chewing up the miles. I love it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Space was the only thing that stopped me looking at a 3. Perfect daily otherwise.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Space was the only thing that stopped me looking at a 3. Perfect daily otherwise.

Yeah, when I started looking I wanted an estate 3. But, when this came up on offer from the next door neighbour I couldn't resist for the price. At least the roofbox is transferable across any cars I buy in the future, and for most of the time (especially when the little one gets a bit older, and therefore needs less "baggage") the saloon boot is fine.

I figured sticking with a car I knew, and buying a roofbox, was a cheaper / less risky option than chopping it in for an estate of unknown history on circa 80-90k miles. I'm hoping in about 6 months to also acquire the father in laws X1 for a knockdown price. That can then be the family truck and I'll keep the 3'er for working / commute duties.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, this weekend sees the first use of the famed roof box :smile:

Got back from work, and stuck it on. Took about 25 mins, which given its my first time wasn't too bad as I had to take out the fast click clips it came with and put in the T-track adaptors.

I think it looks pretty good, given its ultimately a plastic box stuck on the roof.

The extra 460l will come in handy, that's for sure.

bc498126e1d48467768405f07162bba0.jpg

cc123038fe0382a03949856c27674af5.jpg

614cc756c48eb18b9de9fae53247ca8d.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm not sure how I've managed this, but the fleet seems to have synchronised its "needy requirements". All three are due their MOT.

I know the Beemer needs a few bits and pieces, so that will be about £500, as I can't be asked to do the work myself quite frankly. As ever, the Beemer performed excellently in the lakes all week, and I installed my roofbox "pulley storage" system in the garage when I got back, and took the box off the car. Dead easy. Impressed. It's booked in tomorrow for the work / MOT.

The Clio shouldn't need anything, gave it a good going over today (again, it managed 10 yards of movement this month [emoji23]). But I do need it MOT'd ready for the RS Trackday on the 2nd Aug. So that is booked for next week.

The Shicra also shouldn't want for anything to pass the MOT. It hasn't moved for a few months and looked like it had been at the bottom of the sea, but fired up first time (plucky little b*****d) and then off it went for a pikey clean.

3 cars, 330k between them and I'm very happy with all 3 to be honest. Just keep pounding away without dramas :smile:

b93e238d0e18170e7063ac3b8cd759dd.jpg

Exciting times may be ahead though. We're looking at a getting an auto golf 5 door (mk5) for Sarah to hack about in. Which means the Shicra becomes "surplus".

The potential plan - Shicra 172 with ITBs. Why - because I'm mental and its worth pennies as it is. It will stay looking stock other than the engine. I can then break it or sell it if I get bored. I plan to run it to work though. For chuckles. Also, I have both a @Budgie and @NorthloopCup at my disposal. Friends with technical know how = happy bear.

Haven't figured out how to hide if from the wife yet though....

What do we think?

GTD, Lupo
Do it! I'm in and more than happy to help.

As I said on the Whatsapp if might be worth just keeping an eye out for cheap 197 parts popping up.