ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cut down number plates

Nike Lunar Elite's
I'm looking to get some plates made like the pics below >

rearplate.gif

frontplate.gif

Where is the best place to get some cut down plates made? Most websites I look at seem to just offer 3/4 plates, rather than cut down ones.

Nike Lunar Elite's
ChrisK 172 said:
Saw the ends off. :rasp:

lol thought about that, but the ones I have atm are just a sheet of, what appears to be, paper with the reg on between 2 sheets of perspex. I'd be worried that just chopping the ends off could lead to fraying, or allow moisture to get in.

Plastic weld it back up and sand it down. Probably save you a few quid trying to do it yourself. If it fails then you could look at getting the ones you are on about. Nothing to loose. You want to change them anyway.

Racing Blue 182
if you go on gtgrafix.co.uk you can order any size plate

I had a reg half the size of a normal one on my fiat punto from them

Nike Lunar Elite's
AJR your's was the car that made me decide to get cut down plates, love them on your's, did you cut them down yourself?

Nike Lunar Elite's
howie p said:
is it legal?

Yep, the size of the plate doesn't matter, but you still need them to be standard UK font, with postcode and all that crap. I just want totally plain plates, not strcitly legal, but I've never been pulled with my current ones that has my name at the bottom (rather than postcode) and has a badge on the side which isn't EU, GB, UK, etc.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I bitched out on that one, Bought them from GTgrafix. Cost 25£ i fink! R3OBC cut his own plates to size...

VRS
i got my front plate from fancyplates using the spacing given by the dvla which white16valver informed me of!
love the smaller front plate, makes the car look like a wide ass biatch!!!

carjanuary023.jpg

Nike Lunar Elite's
What size did you order makavelli? Did you ask them to just cut it down leaving 11mm all round or did you have to specify the exact size?

You could do it that way, either that or work it out using the measurements for letters, spaces and borders round the letters on the dvla website. :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
makavelli said:
i got my front plate from fancyplates using the spacing given by the dvla which white16valver informed me of!
love the smaller front plate, makes the car look like a wide ass biatch!!!

carjanuary023.jpg

How did you do that pic, black and white and Colour for the car?

VRS
my camera has a colour select and colour swap function, if i point it at the blue and select it then it will keep everything that is that colour blue in that colour and make everything else black and white when i take the piccy.

you can select 2colours and swap them around aswell which is fun i.e make everything blue (car) change to green (grass) and then the grass will be blue hehe

VRS
when ur cars bak we can play about with some pics i.e mine in colour and yours and everything else black and white, or swap our car colours hehe
could be interesting to do yours in racing blue!

Chocolate Bar™
will have to have a bash at doing mine in blue, but would probably end up having it resprayed if i liked the colour - and it'd all be your fault ;)

car went in this morning btw, should be back by next thursday ish.

Nike Lunar Elite's
ChrisK 172 said:
Who own's W17 MAT in the picture?

I'm sure I saw him today driving in Willenhall.

It is actually me that owns it mate, where abouts are you from. I was probably on the way back from the doctors when you saw me, what time was it? I'm from Wednesfield.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
ChrisK 172 said:
Who own's W17 MAT in the picture?

I'm sure I saw him today driving in Willenhall.

Willenhall as in Coventry??

It may have been me u spotted then...

Clio 172
Sorry to open up an old thread, what did people do with the holes from the old number plates from a 182? I have a small number plate from my old car with my private reg that I want on my 182 but you can see the screw marks either side of the plate :(

H22A7 Accord Type R
thats a s**t that, its like Ali gettin his cutom plates, but not checkin for the holes before lol! if it has holes, id always just cut it to what i could, whilst still covering the holes.

fcs2003.jpg

Rb 182
R3OBC said:
thats a sh*t that, its like Ali gettin his cutom plates, but not checkin for the holes before lol! if it has holes, id always just cut it to what i could, whilst still covering the holes.

fcs2003.jpg
Is that one smaller than the one o the black one???or is it ust me :s

H22A7 Accord Type R
nah its smaller......i trimmed that one to the edge of the letters lol! was cool because it didnt overhang to the air intake bit lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL...I've still got holes showing on my 172....

Rob your even more ghetto than me with your hacksaw!