ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cutting out and losing fat power... ffs

02' PH1 172
So was on my way to work this morning, taking it easy as i always do untill the car is warm, and after driving for bout 20 mins, put my foot down in 4th to change lanes, and the car gave this loud burble and instanly lost power and started to slow down. I hoped it was just a small nothingness, ignored it and drove fine to work.

Back from work it was fine. Then this eve, went to meet up with a few other clio's at the street races, and the same thing happened almost the whole way there. Couldnt take the car over 4k cuz it would start to instantly lose power, and almost like the more i just stuck my foot down, the more it slowed down. Its similar to the way your car acts when its running out of fuel combined with the way your car will struggle when its cold in the morning just after starting it.

Its wierd tho, cuz most of the time tonight it had this prob, and then almost all the way home it was fine, just one or two burbles!!

I have a ph1 172, decat, unichip and filter in the std box.

Im thinking it could be the fuel filter.

anyone els have any input?? have to get it sorted tomorro cuz im going away for the easter weekend :(

whats the mileage on it. Fuel filter never a bad idea I dont think its to hard to change on the old ones either. Id check all ignition components personally leads plugs coilpack air filter fuel filter etc etc.. could be lots of things unfortunately

Any lights on the dash?

02' PH1 172
its got 80 000km. no lights, no smoke, all levels are right.. did notice the oil had a few air bubbles in it when i pulled over at a station to check everything, but think thats normal??

02' PH1 172
oh and if i keep my foot down while this all happens, eventually it kicks back quite hard to normal...

sounds like its missfiring. Id check ignnition components first. Coilpack leads and plug.

Mine was doing this before it was because the lead was making a poor connection to the plug because it was rusty

ClioSport -01
sounds like its missfiring. Id check ignnition components first. Coilpack leads and plug.

Mine was doing this before it was because the lead was making a poor connection to the plug because it was rusty

I had the same on my car. i changed TPS and now it works good.

ClioSport -01
nope not a misfire, its more like fuel starvation. no lights anywhere

2 things you should look for. TPS or lambda. I don´t know what u called it but i made a computer scan on my.

TPS, knocksensor and lambda was the problem so i started whit TPS and it works for now. If the problem comes back i change lambda.

02' PH1 172
anyone know if a ph1 has a tps to replace? easy job? where is it?
knocksensor was chaged 2 months ago

02' PH1 172
sheesh.. soo many things that could be wrong?? would a diagnostics at renault tell me exactly whats wrong?

ClioSport -01
If the coilpack not works, the problem would be all the time. The problem ju have comes and goes. if you take a diagnos, they tell you that TPS sensor. knocksesor and lambdasensor not work correct. But if you do it can also show another problem.

take off lambda sensor and clean it up. Easy to fix and can also help you whit the problem.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
lambda sensors you have two, both go into your cat, they are simply screwed in with a plug on the other side of them

02' PH1 172
if i dont have a cat then dont i have a lambda sensor?

K i found out that i still have one lambda sensor, and it was giving a fault on the diagnostics, but wasnt the problem, it turned out to be my map sensor, which i replace and car is running 98% better, still feel a slight flat spot between 3 and 4k, and the power loss thing happened only once again on the way to work yest morning, so back she goes on monday for another lookover :(