ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cutting weight

clio 172 mk2
just a general question on what can be done to the 172 other than gutting the inside to cut weight on it to help improve accel i know they are light weight rims also i saw some cf bonnets with some lighter weights any others if neone has and can said if it has helped the car improve accel please discuss,

i want to do some weight cutting before i start touching the engine cause to do such would mean importation which equates to $$$ more than expected lol

1.6 16v clio priv
Carbon fibre bonnet and boot. Even if you dont like the look you can paint to match. There are lots of engine components you can get lightweight but they are pricey..
Lightweight brake discs
Lightweight racing seats.
If you have AC remove that. If your too hot open a window and drive fast
Plexiglass
Remove carpets.
Smaller fuel tank (this will affect weight distribution so think carefully

clio 172 mk2
nice thanks for the opinions guys i will check out the lightweight parts see what kinda of prices to work with thanks

besides rear seats and a spare...
front seats weight a ton, change them with some non reclinable racing seats and u can save almost 60kg

Evo 8 Jap Crap
besides rear seats and a spare...
front seats weight a ton, change them with some non reclinable racing seats and u can save almost 60kg

Wont lose that much.

This is how much i lost doing mine

Rear bench back 13kg
Rear bench bottom 6kg
Spare Alloy & Jack 19kg
Front Seats (2x) 42kg
Metal Bar in Boot 3kg

My new cobra subframes and buckets weighed a total of 36kg.

Meaning i've shed 47kgs from the car which is just over 7 stone

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Sounds like you used cheap seats....my 2x cobra imola kevlar seats + sidemounts only weighed circa 15kgs....