ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boot loose

Just had my MOT

Among other things it's failed cos he said the clip has dissapeared that secures the CV boot (the large one)

Is this a case of stainless steel cable tie or jubilee clip? Or do I need to buy a new cv boot to get a new clip?

Thanks

2003 Clio 172 cup
Just had my MOT

Among other things it's failed cos he said the clip has dissapeared that secures the CV boot (the large one)

Is this a case of stainless steel cable tie or jubilee clip? Or do I need to buy a new cv boot to get a new clip?

Thanks

can just use a jubilee, or even a thick cable tie.

172DD Cup
the screw on a jubilee clip is quite large. is it alright to use these? it take it it doesn't upset the driveshaft with a little bit of imbalance?

cheers

LY R26 #288
I also need to know this. I put a cable tie on mine, obvieously wasnt man enough because it was off a week later.. :(

Suzuki Ignis
Make sure before going out that the head of the screw on the jubilee clip doesnt catch on anything, seem to remember mine did for some reason.