ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cylinder 3 misfire

clio sport 182 ff
Hi guys Just picked up my 5th Clio sport, and on the way home it started misfiring, running on 3 cylinders, I've plugged it in and got a misfire on cylinder 3, if gone through the paperwork and it shows a new coil pack, leads and plugs fitted in February, could one of these have failed or would it be an injector? There's a strong smell of fuel aswel' any help would be greatfuly appreciated, regards Richard

172 Phase 1
If you are getting a strong smell of fuel the injector is more than likely working.
I would be looking at the coil pack and leads, you will probably find cheap parts were used

clio sport 182 ff
Bought private mate swapped the plugs around as 1 of them was black! Fitted new coil pack and still the same? Not happy! I'm thinking maybe injector number 3 is stuck open?

clio sport 182 ff
I also noticed that number 1 on the coil pack goes to the cylinder closest to the cam belt is this right as in 1-4 4 being the flywheel side? I thought they were supposed to be the other way around?

Can't comment on the leads, but the plugs are 1-4 right to left. I just changed my injector 4 at the weekend as that's what flagged up and it was next to the cambelt. A good indicator of a faulty injector is a flashing EML on idle or low revs.

clio sport 182 ff
Cheers guys, had my mate around this evening as he works 5 the aa did the following compression test all ok checked for spark at the plugs again ok then at 2000 rpm unplugged each injector no surprise which had the least effect! Number 3! The car is over fueling like mad values are way out so we swapped injector 3 to 4 and ran the car for a while and the fault has now moved to number 4, I think it's safe to say the injector is at fault

clio sport 182 ff
I also need to know where lead 1 goes is it cam pulley side or flywheel as the car is number 1 to the cam pulley side then 2 3 finishing off with lead 4 closest to the flywheel is this right?

clio sport 182 ff
Sorry forgot to mention as number 1 marked on the coil is going to the plug nearest the cam pulley then 2-3 and 4 finishing closest the flywheel