ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cylinder order/ Firing order/ coil pack?

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
My Clio 172 I recently purchased has a throttle body conversion.

It was running fine but I have stripped all the loom and redone it as it was a mess and bodged together.

I labeled everything up before I cut the loom out so it’s gone back as it was.

But I have just noticed the coil leads are on the wrong positions on the coil pack and don’t cylinders go 4-3-2-1 left to right?

I have labeled my injectors 1-2-3-4 left to right on my new loom! I know i can just swap them about but it’s annoying as I have gone to a lot of work to make it look neat!

Don’t know why I didn’t check the coil pack and cylinder order first I just assumed it was right, The amount of bodges i have had to fix on this car I don’t know why😂

Anyway I can’t run the car at the moment as the manifold is off but i did start it for a second and it turned over and fired up.

I am probably worrying about nothing but would just like some clarification!

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
  Clio 1.6 16v
They seem inverse but the Clio coilpack usually mounts on the other side of the engine, ie. the number 1 cable is the longest. The cylinder numbers on the Clio are from the flywheel towards the cambelt.

So 4-3-2-1 from left to right, cylinder 1 closest to flywheel.