ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

d200/d20/d30

n2x

e60/f10
Hi!

Thinking about getting a new camera and was wondering if you could give me any thoughts about these. Im a fan of Nikon and never used canon before so I would prefer d200 but I'm open for different opinions/suggestions.

Olympus E3 :clown:

Ok so I have no idea about Nikon range at all and only used Canon 300d and 350d and hated them.

Cupra
I have used the D300 and would have had it over the 40D any day if I could have stretched to it and sold all my old kit.

My advise, save up a bit longer and get the D300... it is a fantastic piece of kit.

n2x

e60/f10
Cheers for the info. Was looking at d300 but they are so expensive. As I'm not a pro, maybe I don't need such a high quality cam...

B

Brown.

Stay away from girl cameras like 400d's there too small for even me and i have small hands, either an ebay'd Canon 20D, or a 40D, or the nikon D300.

Both the 40d and the d300 have 6frames per second.... the 20d has 5 ....

Cupra
Cheers for the info. Was looking at d300 but they are so expensive. As I'm not a pro, maybe I don't need such a high quality cam...

Their price just dropped 300 Euros here....their cant be much difference between the D200 and D300 in price surely? Or are you looking at second hand?

Cupra
Should be possible to save the difference over a couple of months then? The extra features of the D300 makes it worth the wait IMHO.

Cupra
You don't need to be a pro to use a good camera... but it depends on how far your want to take it. If you are going to get serious about taking shots, then you will always find yourself wanting some of the features of the higher models if you get the base camera first.

If you are not sure, get the D200 or D80(?) and see where it leads you. Most equipment holds its value pretty well if/ when you come to sell it off too. I only lost 150 Euros on my 350D in a years use which seemed reasonable to me.

B

Brown.

cheaper modern camera bodies, are usually small as the average joe dont want to be carring somet the size of a 1d .... go into the shops and actiually feel the camera!!

top of the pyramid
Ive Got a D300 Had it for a month or so and its a amazing camera, so many features, Only problem is getting time to use it :(