ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D40 Upgrade..

I sold my D40 as I wasnt using it and needed some cash but now I miss it and want another DSLR.

I liked the D40 so Im going to stick with Nikon I think, however the only thing I want this time is auto focus in the body so I have a wider choice of lenses..

It doesnt bother me if its 2nd hand as long as its in good condition.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Revels Mum & Sister
D80 or D90 if you are feeling flush.

I am toying with selling my D80 with kit lens to fund a D90 if you might be interested.

Revels Mum & Sister
Not sure have a look on Ebay and shizzle and see how much second hand and we can thrash something out

D60 does not have a auto focus motor in the body I dont think either butter

Fiat Panda 100hp
Get anther D40 or leap and get the D80 < which is a super camera. Or like above if your feeling flush get a D90 or if you have more money than sense the D700.

Revels Mum & Sister
TBH butter id snap his hand off. Good camera the D50. Dont forget you need a Lens though butter

Fiat Panda 100hp
Get the D50 and a prime 50mm 1.8 an amazing combo!

edit, forgot to mention it costs penuts for the lens. Can be had for around £75.

BMW E92/Audi S3
D60, D80 or D90 imo, i love Nikons, ive used other cameras and i've found these very sweet to use.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Must admit, I've had a Dynax 35mm SLR, Fuji Bridge camera, Canon compact and lately a Ricoh R6 compact, and I've got to say the D80 is an absolute cracker in terms of build quality and functions. I know it costs a hell of a lot more than the others, but you get what you pay for.

Bought it on Saturday, yet to shoot in anger, but very impressed initially, will post up when I have.

D80_2.gif

D80 is getting fairly cheap nowdays due to the D90 so that would be my recommendation if you want an AF body.

Luckily, my 18-200 and soon to be 50mm f1.4 are AF-S so I am happy with my D40!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
D80 is getting fairly cheap nowdays due to the D90 so that would be my recommendation if you want an AF body.

Luckily, my 18-200 and soon to be 50mm f1.4 are AF-S so I am happy with my D40!

I bought a Sigma 18-200 OS lens at the weekend. :cool: Very nice.:approve: