ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

d60 and flash help

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
why cant i work out how to turn the flash on?

i wana set the camera in macro mode and turn the flash on all the time. ive looked in the book but cant work it out.

am i stupid?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
but i really really cant work it out.

i must be missing something really stupid

Is the actual flash unit turned on with a switch?

And the flash setting on the camera enabled?

It could just be it doesn't let you flash on macro!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i cant turn the flash on as such, the only setting i can find are auto and auto with a little eye like symbol

What mode are you in? Stick it in A or S and then on the right hand side as you look from the front there is a little lightning strike thing. Press that, the flash will pop up.

If you're using one of the preset modes im going to send Paul round to piss on your pillows.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
lol im using macro mode

using the A or S setting can i still do close up shots? (macro)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yep thanks

can the sb600 flash be used seperate from the camera? as a remote flash?

god i so need to learn how to use my stuff properly....

Yeh but you'll need extra gadgets I think. I dont have a flash but you'll either need a wireless trigger or the cable depending on where you want it.

Rally bus
yep thanks

can the sb600 flash be used seperate from the camera? as a remote flash?

yeah but with a D60 I don't you can't use the camera pop up flash as a "Commander" like you can on D200 etc so you'll need to get wireless triggers (~£14 off ebay) or a flash sync cable.