ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D60 manual mode not working ?

TTRS & V50
Am i right in saying that when you go on A mode, that is aperure priorirty so you can change the aperture ?

And you move the command dial on the top right of the camera and the aperture will change ?

And also for the S mode, that you can change the shutter speed by moving the command dial around ?

This does not work ? IS my camera broken or am i doing something wrong ? Nothing changes and the screen just turns off as normal (battery save), so i have to half click the shutter button to get the screen back on and still it doesn't seem to alter the shutter speed or aperture.

Should i take it back ? or does it have a lock on it or something.

Thanks

White APE
When in manual mode the shutter speed should change when you move the dial and to set the aperature you need to hold down the +/- button near the shutter button.

TTRS & V50
nope that does not work, when i press the +/- the little grid comes up beneath and shutter/apperture in formation, but i cant do anything with it ?!

Are you sure that you should be able to change the aperture?

What is it on? What focal length are you at? What lens are you using?

TTRS & V50
100%, well at least shutter speed then ?

I was using A and S mode, but as neither were working i tried it on M mode, and still none are working.

Focal length ? I put it on about 30 on the camera lens which is 18-55mm standard one. And on the camera it was saying f4.5 so i could have some movement between 1:3.5-5.6, but still couldnt move it.

TTRS & V50
Turns out the command dial and the dial on top were both faulty. I didn't even realise the top one being faulty.

Jessups are replacing it for a brand new one. The one i had was a refurbished one (managers special)

So big thanks the Jessups, they are an excellent shop with great customer services.

White APE
Glad to hear you got it sorted mate. Good of jessops to do that deal for you too!