ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D60 over D40

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
worth the extra few quid for 10 megapixel or not??

also i presume the lens' are all interchangeable over the nikon dslr range?

cheers

Ben

Fiat Panda 100hp
D40x also does 10MP. Only difference between the 40 and 60 is dust removal I think.

Get a D40/x. You wont regret it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
didnt they stop producing d40x?
Jessops had some vouchercodes for purchase when i got mine

D60 extra's:

EXPEED image processor from D300 etc
RAW Converter on board
Dust removal
10mp
Slightly better eye cup
Screen Display rotates
Eye sensor that turns screen off
Slightly different finish on the mode dial

Think thats it off the top of my head!

And yes to above - D40x no longer produced by Nikon.

Merc A class
D40x also does 10MP. Only difference between the 40 and 60 is dust removal I think.

Get a D40/x. You wont regret it.

They Discontinued the D40x and The D40 thats what the sales man told me, And whats left is left

i got a d40 and dont think there is much difference with the d60 just the megapixels

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
in the standard 18-55mm packages aswell the d60 comes in at 380 odd over 250 for the d40 but with the 60 you get the VR lens aswell, so am thinking i can afford the extra 130 quid for a decent setup thats a bit more future proof maybe?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
in the standard 18-55mm packages aswell the d60 comes in at 380 odd over 250 for the d40 but with the 60 you get the VR lens aswell, so am thinking i can afford the extra 130 quid for a decent setup thats a bit more future proof maybe?

Try looking at the equivalent Canon Eos something D, when i looked there wasnt much in it compared to the D40x.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
equivalent canon is the eos 1000D, which if u check media i've had a play of my house mate with on manual tonight, with erm, mixed results but then again this was literally my first ever play with a SLR