ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dam Potholes

Driving home from work one night, same route home, all of a sudden theres a massive pothole which you cant avoid.

BANG! Straight in.

Car seemed fine and got it home.

Next day i take it out and the steering felt really heavy, got out and checked the tires and it looked a bit flat, so went to the garage and put air in, helped a wee bit but not much. Then checked the power steering fluid which was below minimum. A hop, skip and jump to Halfrauds (£6.50 a litre no less) and it was topped up. No imediate difference but the next day it was slightly better.

I have noticed the car starting to pull to the left hand side a bit aswell and the front nearside tire is wearing on the outside.

Also hit a kerb on the same wheel today and its getting quite bad.

What do you suggest could be the problem?

I putting it in to get two front tires and get the tracking done but do you suggest it could be something else?

Also, when i turn the steering wheel, there is a sort of rubbing sound coming from the steering wheel boss, is this normal? Also the steering wheel isnt centre, will this sort out after the tracking is done?

Clio 182
im not sure what the problem could be mate but get pics of the damage and the said pothole. Send them to the council and try and claim some compo

Get tracking done to eliminate that.
If that's not sorted it out Get under it and see if any thing looks different then the other side.

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
I had a similar problem not long ago, hit a huge pothole and fubard my front nerside wheel up! The hit buckled my alloy wheel which in turn caused my tyre to go flat.

So i got the tyre swapped and wheel rebalanced and it seems to have sorted the problem, I havent done many motorway miles since though and thats what the guy at the garage said would cause me problems, if any...