ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

damn alternator (M25 breakdown pic.)

Mint Clio Valver!
What normally causes alternator failure? i have the car up at uni, and live pretty much in the centre of sheffield so the only journey's i do are lots of 5 minute ones. i know this causes condensation and rusts the zorst. but would this have contributed to my alternator packing up? cheers.
35407340440.jpg

German Barge
alternator failure is not unheard of mate...

starter, alternator and other bits will need replacing, just general renault quality

TDI tyre shreader
massive current draw can fook an alternator, maybe running loads of amps? I remember my mates fiesta 950cc rally special used to munch them but that was due to us fitting 4 massive fog lamps to it and ragging the b****cks of it down country lanes fields car parks etc, was awesome until it dissolved

Mint Clio Valver!
i've got no amps, still have original head unit which doesn't even work. im fairly nice to her also. only rag her when im back in surrey, especially now she's got real tyres wrapped round her little feet. no more bullshit michelin energy for me. but ye, ah well. ungrateful car, once she's out of the garage she's gettin the thrashing of her life. no fields mind.