ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Fog Light keeps coming on

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
whenever i use the brake, turn the indicators on etc... the fog light on the dash turns on.

help?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
I have this issue myself, haven't looked into it yet but from reading on here it seems to be the connections to the rear light clusters. Check and clean those.

1.5 dci Expression
Bad earth to the rear lamps! Get someone to run through the lights while you watch which ones are playing up. Clean the terminals and make sure the connections are secure!

derv biege barge
I had this on mine after fitting Sony stereo. Turned out to be cheap Sony to renault convertor lead for me.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Still got this issue how do you resolve it?

Cluster and plug look fine

DSC_0063_zpsmeoeabdb.jpg

DSC_0065_zpspt8mj8y7.jpg

DSC_0064_zpsa9pbohfy.jpg

renault clio 1.4 16v
I had the same problem, tried all the tricks, solved the issue by putting LED lights in, they draw almost nothing so you don't get any shorting out... slightly duller than normal bulbs but I can live with that

On the top, where the top row of silver pins would be... you can lift that little black plastic bit up. It's like a flap.

Prise it up and push the top pins downwards so that they have a better connection on the light unit itself.