ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash PCB on the way out?

172 Cup
For the last couple of weeks every time I start the car and/or turn the ignition on all the computer readouts have reset. Obviously the overall mileage is still there but it's as though I've purposely reset the trip, mpg etc on purpose only I haven't.

If that wasn't strange enough the fuel gauge seems to have a mind of it's own. For the last two days the orange light has been on as as I've only done about 5 miles in the last 48 hours I wasn't that concerned about running out of petrol. I've just been up to see my parents and when I started the car to drive back home the lights gone out and (after a couple of minutes) the computer is telling me I've 46 miles of fuel left.

Anyone any idea what's causing all this?

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
For the last couple of weeks every time I start the car and/or turn the ignition on all the computer readouts have reset. Obviously the overall mileage is still there but it's as though I've purposely reset the trip, mpg etc on purpose only I haven't.

If that wasn't strange enough the fuel gauge seems to have a mind of it's own. For the last two days the orange light has been on as as I've only done about 5 miles in the last 48 hours I wasn't that concerned about running out of petrol. I've just been up to see my parents and when I started the car to drive back home the lights gone out and (after a couple of minutes) the computer is telling me I've 46 miles of fuel left.

Anyone any idea what's causing all this?
The trip computer resetting it usually a knackered battery. Which is weird as it'll start the car but won't hold the trip values.

I had the petrol light problem with the 1.6, I took the plug off the sender/pump under the rear bench cleaned the connectors and it sorted that one. Mine was weirder as the gauge and light showed empty but the trip said I had 150 miles left!