ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash removal for tweeters

Hi,

I have a Mk3 Clio 1.6 Dynamique and Im going to fit component front speakers. Im driving them off the head unit and they have a seperate crossover box.

What I want to know is can I easily dosconnect the existing tweeters without taking the dash off or do I have to do this.

If I could get them dioscconected without taking the dask off Ill use the existing speaker cable to each door and fit the woofer/tweeter/crossover all in the doors.

If anyone has any advice Im all ears!!

Thanks!

Top dash comes off in ten minutes anyway, sign up and youll be able to access the guide in the members area.

Thanks,

I had a problem with my previous car (106 rallye) and the dash had to come off, it took ages, was fiddly and was never the same again!

I would use new cable if I was you bud.

And dont fit the X-overs in the doors if you can help it, window seals arent water tight and a certain amount of water ingress ocurs into the door.

If you can, fit your tweets in under the dash wher the factory one are but use good quality wiring.

I have now signed up and joined the club, how long does membership take to arrive, I thought it would be imediate, now I have to wait to get access to the members area!!
I had planned to fit my new speakers this weekend!!

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

to dissconnect the tweeters just take the lead out the back of the HU

mount the new tweeters on the Apillars of the car and get them covered in alacantra - looks great!!

also id get an amp to power the comps - u will notice some difference! :D