ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Strips

BMW 323i Coupe
Thought I'd make the interior look a bit nicer, mainly due to the previous owner leaving red scratches along the dash strips, so I got working on them to colour code them with the car.

BMW 323i Coupe
Cheers mate, you'll enjoy it.

My mate says I should do the centre dash around the clock but I think that would be too much.

Evo 8 MR
Now now Kerry I thought you were the sensible type.

Did you put filler on it? Why not just paint it?

BMW 323i Coupe
Wheres the engraving of the numbers gone?

There wasn't any. I'd have coloured them in silver or something if they were there, but it was sort of like painted on if you know what I mean? The numbers were only surface deep and not any more than that, thats why I thought it needed spraying because the previous owner had scratched them off with her ring.

I'm trying to think of ways to get the numbers back on, but I am having no luck.

BMW 323i Coupe
Get gear number stickers from Ady182 PM him or he is N2Grafix on ebay :D

Thanks, worked a treat, gear knob now looks like this:

Only problem is the number 3 came off, so I'm going to have to buy a new one. If I lacquer over the top of this, will it stop this from happening again?

BMW 323i Coupe
Makesure you don't do the lacquer to heavy mate as it makes the numbers rise up.

Cheers for the advice mate.

I've ordered another graphic, so I'll cut the 3 off and put that on, lacquer it, and post the end result once it's done.