ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard cleaning

clio 182 black /gold
Hi all i have been using my usual cleaning stuff for this but it does not shine. What do you lot use? Cheers Lee

106 GTi
Poorboys Natural Look to clean and dress.

Einzett 1Z Cockpit Premium, or Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer for weekely wipe downs.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
  clio 182 black /gold
I normaly use interior clean and shine. On my corsa the dash always looked shinny, even used mr sheen on my other car and never did any harm, but this looks dull and never seems to get a shine.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I can' fault any of the stuff from carwashnwax . But i'm sure other people will have different opnions of what to use .

Plus i always keep a tesco microfibre cloth in the door pocket for a quick wipe down of any dust .

106 GTi
I refuse to use anything that makes the plastic inside look any different to the way it left the factory, I hate any sort of fake sheen or gloss, no way I would use AG Vinyl and Rubber inside anymore. Used to on my old 306. If you want high gloss AG Vinyl and Rubber will do it!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Got to agree with you there Rich . The AG vinyl and rubber care was a nightmare on my 306 , it was so shiny it reflected really bad on the windscreen .

It doesn't seem to give such a high gloss on the 182 though . Some people like a high gloss , myself i prefer it slightly less glossy .

106 GTi
I never risked trying it on the 182 just in case! It all depends on the plastics it is used on.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
For a bit of shine, but not over the top, the Silk Shine is superb.

It cleans and protects vinyl very well. On the harder plastics it does add more shine than the textured stuff where it looks very natural.

For an absolute natural look I've always usde the Sonus Cockpit detailer, which cleans, protects and leaves a very natural anti-static finish.

Cheers Tim

campus sport 1.2 16v
flash dash lemon gives a great shine on the dash but for all the other plastic bits i.e door handles and trim around the cd player etc i use turtle wax cockpit wipes that come in the tube. Then buff with a dry cloth. You get a great smell after too!