ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dipped beam not working Williams 2

DBS

Clio Williams 2
Last week my dipped beam headlights both sides stopped working. I had them switched on, then the dashboard indicator light went off, as did the headlights. Side lights and full beam still work well. Front fogs also don't work (but the dashboard indicator does).

What do you think is causing it?

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Last week my dipped beam headlights both sides stopped working. I had them switched on, then the dashboard indicator light went off, as did the headlights. Side lights and full beam still work well. Front fogs also don't work (but the dashboard indicator does).

What do you think is causing it?
Start with the simple things and check the bulbs, then fuses, relays if no power to them check the headlight switch

DBS

Clio Williams 2
I've pulled out the relay for the front fogs, but I'm not sure how to find the right replacement.

It says 12V 25/15A on it, does that mean I should be looking for any 5-pin 12V 25A relay or do I need a specific Renault one?

Attachments

• 20240304_080919.jpg
    20240304_080919.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 13

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
I've pulled out the relay for the front fogs, but I'm not sure how to find the right replacement.

It says 12V 25/15A on it, does that mean I should be looking for any 5-pin 12V 25A relay or do I need a specific Renault one?
Any one should do

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
There are 2 seperate switches on the dash for the fogs. One front and one rear if you aren't aware.

DBS

Clio Williams 2
So I haven't been exactly rushing to sort this out! Anyway, today I took the front foglight out to replace the bulb. Turns out the fog light was full of crud, do I need a new fog light? Or can I clean it up somehow?

I didn't mean to take the glass part off, but it just sort of happened...

Attachments

• 20240411_133731.jpg
    20240411_133731.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240411_132351.jpg
    20240411_132351.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Thats ready for the bin. You could temporary spray the reflector silver if they are hard to find until a better one comes up

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Thats ready for the bin. You could temporary spray the reflector silver if they are hard to find until a better one comes up
Nightmare getting hold of replacement fogs these days

I priced up getting some rechromed but it was so bloody expensive!

DBS

Clio Williams 2
Damn, I was hoping they wouldn't be too hard to find. Where's the best place to start looking?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Damn, I was hoping they wouldn't be too hard to find. Where's the best place to start looking?
Facebook/ebay. Think the lower spec cars use the same foglights but it's just hard finding anyone breaking them now

DBS

Clio Williams 2
Thanks, I'll keep a look out for any mk1 clio parts! At least it isn't an MOT fail so it's not as big of a problem as the headlights. I'll hunt for a stalk at the same time as looking for fogs.