ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard random reset?

'99 Megane Coupe
Hi guys, today when i was driving to and from work, all the cars electrics shut off for a split second and rebooted, as if i had turned the ignition off and on really quickly, this reset the clock and everything but the car kept running so it's obviously electrical... its never happened before but today was heavy snow/ice so the wettest the car has been really since I recently installed a subwoofer/amp, and I am wondering if its related?
Any solutions/Ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

-C

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had you just set off and the car was still cold , been left standing for a while ? It's usually your battery is on it's way out if it is . Mine does it but only in winter on a really cold day if i haven't driven it for a few hours . If i leave it to warm up for a few mins it doesn't . My batterys 6 years old now so on it's last legs i guess , i think Renault batteries only have something like a 2 year warranty .

'99 Megane Coupe
Yeah well in the morning it happened after about 5-10 mins of driving, then it sat at work for about 7 or 8 hours getting snowed on and did it on the way home a few times... Could it be that the power cable for the sub is getting wet somewhere and that is shorting it? It didn't happen today at all but it wasn't raining so ..

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Mine did this yesterday...so bought new battery. So today £50 lighter all was fine this morning. Went to work without issue. After work, drove to gym, then drove home....same thing. Wtf is happening? Alternator not charging battery?