ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking issue - won't lock off the key button

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Hi chums.

So its not a clio, but the parts bin 2012 twingo rs.

I've asked in the twingo pages and haven't found a permanent fix yet.

Seeing if the wealth of knowledge in Cs might help seeing as the twingo is effectively the bits left over from the Mk2 clio.

@JamesBryan says the megs are common for faulty boot switches due to water ingress too, so may be linked.

@Adey. I've seen you mention on another forum about the door lock switches?

So the issue is I can't seem to lock the car off the key button. It will clunk twice when I do it so it does respond. First clunk locks it then the second unlocks it again. The interior light stays on too if set to door activated.
I've tried the central locking reset inside the car with the dash button, pulled and replugged the 5amp immobiliser fuse out to reset that and also pissed about with the manual door lock thingies in the door frame (like child lock sorta things).
It will sort itself out when I mess with the latter, but then eventually goes back to being a pita again. Thought might be low battery related but don't think it is.

Door shut mechs or a faulty boot switch?
Does seem like it thinks the door(s) aren't shut properly so won't lock.

Thanks

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Clip is good can see exactly whats open on the live data. Not sure on how the door solenoids are set up on twingo, but i had a problem with the Kangoo and the latch was knackered on drivers side which caused similar issues.

If it has door switches like clio2 you could remove one by one and simply bridge them out to test.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Clip is good can see exactly whats open on the live data. Not sure on how the door solenoids are set up on twingo, but i had a problem with the Kangoo and the latch was knackered on drivers side which caused similar issues.

If it has door switches like clio2 you could remove one by one and simply bridge them out to test.

Nice 1. Did you replace the switch or was it a case of cleaning it up or freeing it off?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
No coding required luckily. I replaced the full lot for 2nd hand wasnt expensive. Find out what the issue is first as yours might be totally different and very easy fix. If you were closer id have a look for you mate.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
as brigsy has said it thinks something is open. If the boot switch is faulty it'll cause the issues you are having. Switch failing is a very common issue