ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Date of reg v warranty start date

anyone come across this had loads of warranty probs with 172 paid for all parts and work myself told by renault its an import so no 3yr warranty. more gone wrong now just before 3 yr from first reg date up 02/10/2001 so thought id give renault head office a go on the phone told me it was import from Belgium they said it had only limited warranty i argued part of eu so should have full warranty sort of won that argument but they came back with warranty if any ran out in august this year when car was manufactured so this to me seems if you buy a first reistered car in october but it was manufactured in april youll lose approx 6 mths of your warranty. it wouldnt be so bad if id abused the car its only got 26000 mile on. its got to the point of getting rid of car although i love it. just thought id pass on what ive found out about renault customer service.