ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Datsun GT-R

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Ok so spent the afternoon shooting/spending time at the pub lol!

Tried doing some moving shots first firstly some tracking shots which didnt really work as i was just getting bounced about in the boot of the mondeo estate I was being driven in (much to the amusment of the following GTR driver) Also a cheap CPL I had bought caused me more issues than not.
Datsun-42copy.jpg

So we went for some static driving shots through some trees with a bit of dust about
Datsun-13copy.jpg

Datsun-14copy.jpg

So back to the pub again for more refreshment and a think about locations, a bit more driving about a bit more faffing thinking yey/no and we found this tiny industrial estate which we thought would suit us ok. Obviously with my lighting and the guy being wheelchair bound we couldnt just dump the car anywhere/I tried to limit moving the car about for obvious reasons.

Shot with 70-200 + mkiin all at 70mm i suspect, really need to hurry up and get the 24-70.

So start off with some naff mag tilt shizzle.
Datsun-19copy.jpg

Datsun-25copy.jpg

Datsun-22copy.jpg

Datsun-25copy.jpg

Added kicker to try and change the shadow on front corner and blew it a touch :(
Datsun-26copy.jpg

Datsun-28copy.jpg

Ok so moved the car about 20m as i looked round the corner and from the angle I was standing I saw something I liked, lots of mess/busy industrial background and some old fecked palets so decided to move them all about with my lights for some other shots, upon doing this I decided I was bored with the 70-200 and the 'you should shoot cars with long focal lengths' rule and wanged the 16-35 on and im soooooo glad I did!

Datsun-34copy.jpg

Datsun-35copy.jpg

Datsun-36copy.jpg

Datsun-38copy.jpg

Datsun-40copy.jpg

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Yep, the 16-35 shots are some of the nicest. What lighting set up are you using?

2- elinchrom ranger RX units
A- heads
21- cm reflectors

powered by skyports with a 580 thrown in aswell on a few.

I think im going to ditch the rule book and start shooting more stuff with the wide boy, It makes for a much more involving and interesting shot with how i like to set my lights up. Although this was my first shoot ever in daylight with the cars, its allways been inside/night before.

Are those shot with a polariser? Doesnt look like it's doing much :(

Nice shots though. Although I'd try to find a location to do that car justice.

Also, look out for nasty reflections like the one in the GTR badge in shot 4.

S23

The Cleee-O
Wow! Awesome shots, loving the ones inbetween the trees too, looks so cool. :)

Barge
The uncle has one in white, lovely cars. Think I prefer this colour to white though. Mmmm. Great shots!

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Such a barge but very nice

I hate jap cars but am very impressed with this thing, the grip and the torque are very nice.

Are those shot with a polariser? Doesnt look like it's doing much :(

Nice shots though. Although I'd try to find a location to do that car justice.

Also, look out for nasty reflections like the one in the GTR badge in shot 4.

Some are some are where it was ditched as I felt like it was doing nothing but softening the images up an awful lot. It was only a cheapo one so it was expected.

Location wise im still struggling to find anywhere around here for anything thats actually inspiring, that and the fact the guys in a wheel chair meant i didnt want to keep stopping and getting out, moving the car etc...

I wish i lived up north tbh or in wales somewhere with some nice mountain roads etc..

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
lol....I know what you mean. Im struggling to find some new locations :(

Its tough espec when im putting lighting up, if i wasnt i could do a quick jump out in a country road shoot, then if a car comes jump back in.

Was more of a social event though yest in the end as im meant to be shooting this once its had its wrap done for the company.

Im just so uninspired by locations at the moment other than for driving shots.

I need to just spend a few days around driving with my gear and a some paper to find some locations and what cars i think would suit it and add them to the file.

Ive got a couple of black cars to shoot so thats going to be an arse, shall be shooting tethered for those ones if my mkIIIs actually playing ball.

Oil Burner
Ryan, i will drop you a line next week, we should go out scouting for some locations. I think there may be a few spots around Paddock Wood worth trying. Im sure there are also some shots around Riverhead, possibly something you could try with one of the Flyovers over the A21? Like light trail with rear curtain sync or something.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Ryan, i will drop you a line next week, we should go out scouting for some locations. I think there may be a few spots around Paddock Wood worth trying. Im sure there are also some shots around Riverhead, possibly something you could try with one of the Flyovers over the A21? Like light trail with rear curtain sync or something.

Dont think you can rear sync my flashes they are not flashguns so think even if I set either of the 1Ds to rear curtain It may not work as its not a flashgun. Can have a look into it though.

Desperately need some inspiration on locations though, spent a couple of hours caining it around penshurst way and didnt find alot :mad:

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
come down south

Or get a few people ooop norf' wanting pictorz and I could make a trip lol :D

I wish i lived in manc though, love the place.

come down south

Or get a few people ooop norf' wanting pictorz and I could make a trip lol :D

I wish i lived in manc though, love the place.

all are welcome ere my mate as long as they drink hard, like clubbing and cars lol!

often have epic northwest meets, if u ever fancy bobbing up :)