ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci 80 starting issues - low idle etc

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Help needed!

Got a 2002 Clio Dci 80 that has starting issues.

Cold start it turns over and fires but idles at about 500 really noisy with no throttle response at all for about 5 seconds and then kicks up to 750/800 rpm and idles fine. Sometimes it starts but stalls straight away - it's not done this for a while though!

It looks like there is a bit of dampness around number 1 injector. Would this be the cause? I plan on doing the injector seal soon but would rather sort the starting issue first if it's something else.

Cheers

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Common low fuel pressure symptoms. When the idle increases there's likely a dash light showing.
Dampness around the injector would be the injector seal, that affects cylinder pressure. Copper washer on the bottom of the injector may have gone.

Starting issues is likely to be a fuel system problem. Mine currently has the same, difficult to start, especially when hot. I've condemmed the car and use easy start. For me with four injectors and a fuel pump it's not economical to repair so I'm going to keep starting it with easy start until the car won't work then I'll get something new.