ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi dumpvalve?

Car  Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Possible? Expensive?

Not for me btw. For a mate whos not a member. Thought someone on here could shed some light on the subject.

DCi65 if that makes any difference?
 
im sure its possible, although I may be wrong someone once told me that dump valves on diesels isnt so good?
 
I said that to him aswell because all the ones I've ever seen/heard have been like boras and d turbos with 1.9+ engines
 
don't think its that expensive but effort to fit. I think manji on here fitted one on his a long time ago.
 
yeah but they need electronic actuation... as diesels dont produce enough vacuum in the inlet manifold to actuate it like you would on a diesel

hence the vaccum pump on diesels
 
had one on my dci 80 cant do it on a 65 no intercool so no boost pipes so no were for the dump valve to go on
 
1.5 non trubro diesel wouldn't move.

I remember looking at 1.8 diesel fiesta, they had 0-60 over 20 seconds.
 
Back
Top