ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi fuel pump failing symptoms?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Hey guys, Any Diesel gurus give me the low down on symptoms and causes of a failing diesel fuel pump? Also are there 2 pumps on the k9k? I know there is the high pressure sprocket driven one, is there also one in the tank? Not really up on my oil burners so any help would be appreciated :)

thanks guys

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Load up the car in 5th gear and if you get a lack of power then it could be the fuel pump. It usually couples itself with the glow/eml light

They have a lift pump in the tank that can get clogged up too. I had that on my 100 a while ago after some poor starting issues, picked the crap out and cleaned it off and it was all good again

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Whats the problem with the car?

Not my car but person at work, basically they had an EML on and said it would turn over but not fire, said fuel filter had small metal filings, read on here could be the high pressure fuel pump failing. Was just curious, never been a diesel guy, just wonder on your guys thoughts :D