ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dci k9k solid buckets help!!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
hi all, does anyone know where i can get the solid buckets from?

, need to rebuild a cylinder head but the clearances on the solid buckets are all over the place compaired to the factory specs.

i know theres renault but id rather go else where if i can.

thanks in advance

raz

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i bloody wish you can shim them up. unfortunatly not.

ah i see, the reconditioners around here wont do solid buckets, they will only do the shims :( ffs.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i bloody wish you can shim them up. unfortunatly not.

ah i see, the reconditioners around here wont do solid buckets, they will only do the shims :( ffs.

they're wrong, because shims aren't available. Sounds like they're not really trying, or interested. My place will do them, but they're special order obviously (in the right sizes)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
how much does your supplier charge for all 8? obv you would need the sizes.

just thinking i have a back up plan to order them through you if its possible?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
thats a dam sight cheaper than what i got quoted up here direct from renault , they quoted me £20 each , so thats £160 LOL

i'll give you a call when iv messured all the buckets again. ( messure twice an all that bla ) lol

if you dont mind ?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
last one I did, I managed to swap them around until I only had to buy 2 new ones. Took a while (car sales place wouldn't pay for a set.....or anything for that matter)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i think i'm just going to buy all 8 new ones.

regardless if they can be swapped around. peace of mind that i dont ever have to touch them again in my ownership.

thanks for the specs aswell.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
messured the clearance, but the buckets seem welded to the head, no magnet will pull them out . iv soaked them in petrol for half the day and still stuck ( like they are oversized )

what next? try cut them and pull out with a screw driver? ( pikey i know )

If a bucket is stuck use a screw driver and knock it through the side of the bucket and lever it up.