ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi to 182 conversion

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I know a few guys on here have done this conversion so looking to clear up a few points, my high pressure pump has gone on the van so this afternoon have pulled the engine and box out and have a cat c 182 coming tomorrow to re shell into the van.

EPAS, I assume this is the preferred setup now from what I've been reading so just leave my existing rack and column in? What will I need to do wiring wise?

Heating controls, van has manual heating with no Aircon, 182 has auto climate with Aircon, I assume I can just leave the manual setup in and delete the Aircon and Pas pulley's with the kits available?

Rear beam? Leave the drums and beam alone or swap over?

Anything else likely to catch me out?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
You can leave the heating controls as they are and just do an a/c and pas delete set up.

I’d definitely swap the rear beam over - no chance I’d keep drums on, unless @Brigsy can say different? You’ve got the 182 master cylinder and everything to swap over, so should be straight forward enough?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Drums on the rear are fine, rear brakes do f**k all anyway. Unless you're whacking it round a track twice a week!

As for brakes you'd need the servo and MC from the 182 including the bulkhead brake lines as they're bigger iirc. Youd need all the dash wiring from the clio as that's different, although you can use the EPAS bits as the ECU will be there but you'll need the controller for adding in assistance control.

You can convert it to climate control easily because everything will be stored within the 182 UCH for climate etc. Could probably put AC in there if you wanted to

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah rear drums I know are more than upto the job but assuming the abs isn't too much hassle I would rather do it for easier maintenance and they look better and of course the wider track and thicker torsion bar. - my understanding is I need non RS disc abs sensors from a dci 100 or 1.6 16v?

it did cross my mind to do a full aircon swap but because this one is cat c its had all its aircon pipes cut out and condenser ditched anyway so im not fussed and ill do a PAS and aircon delete.

i assume the controller isnt required its just a nicety to get a better feel?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Dont need 100 ABS sensors if you're gonna be running the 182 ECU, just make sure you get the ABS pump from it too.

Yeah AC is a doddle to overcome then, the manual one has thr same connector as the climate one iirc. Yeah controller is just there for assistance if you wanted it light or really heavy.

I've not done this conversion myself but I've helped a mate do a Kangoo conversion, just that hes a bit of a pikey and basically just stuck everything from the Clio in the Kangoo. Not sure if everything worked perfectly but it drove mint, especially with 197 cams and pistons haha

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
haha, id rather have everything working, for now I've ordered a genuine clutch and belt kit/dephaser so I can fire it all over and get it all running, scrap whats left of the 182 then tidy it up over winter!

can you code the ESP out with clip or am I going to have to fit all that too?!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just fit it all mate as it co trolls the bias and all that s**t. Just swap everything over😂 If you have a full 182 then take absolutely everything and put it on there!!! Might as well do it properly rather than mess about finding stuff that works when you realise you threw it out when you scrapped the car 2 weeks previously😂😂

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Bang the full 182 running gear on, rear beam, front subframe the lot. Keep the dci rack, and one of those boxes for the ecu off ebay to control it.

You can code the esp out with clip if going for a cup setup with no abs.